Chapter 32

(Note: For better reference of this chapter, please put on the following songs: We Are One: by Pitbull FT. Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte, Stand By Me: by Prince Royce, and La Vida Es Un Carnaval: by Celia Cruz, when the songs are announced)

The next day...

First thing in the morning, Coach April has Maire practice, with Amy, Lauren, Hope, Mal, Carli, Tobin, Sam, Rose, Kelley, Crystal, Kristie, Christen, and Lynn. The girls start to do some drills, juggles, and dribbles, as well as working on their passes. While they were done doing some drills, juggles, and dribbles, Coach April then had the girls circle around her on the sideline of the field.

"Maire, I am going to be very honest with you." said Coach April, as she turns to Maire, as she changes her voice into a serious tone. "You have to give 110% in practice and on the field. I am warning you, today's morning practice isn't going to be easy. You might hate me after this, however, just to let you know I am doing this for your own good. The only reason for you to take risks on the field is for you to lose the fear that you have inside of you."

Coach April then sighs.

"What I am saying is, that you are going to go hard today on the field, while practicing with your teammates. However, I am going to ask you this." said Coach April, as she goes on. "After you are taken down by an opponent, and you know that you can get up, then get up and start over. However, if you know that you can't get up, then stay there until the ref can get some medical assistants toward you. Do you get what I am saying?"

Maire then nods.

"Yes," said Maire, as she looked at Coach April. "I know what you are saying."

"Alright then." said Coach April, as she later turns to all of the girls around her. "On the field!"

Coach April then blows her whistle.

A few minutes later...

As the girls were practicing on the field, Crystal then decided to put in music.

"Maire, don't think you are going to escape from me." said Crystal, as she looks at Maire with a smile on her face.

"What do you mean?" said Maire, as she looked at Maire in a confused way.

"What I am is that in order for you to face your fear of playing in front of millions of people, we really need you to find your groove!" said Crystal, cheerfully.

"Oh no, I don't think I am going to like the sound of that." said Maire

"Oh come on, it's very easy." said Crystal, as she nudged Maire. "I am going to play different kinds of genres like Hip-hop, Pop, Reggaeton, Salsa, and other types of songs to get your groove going."

"Hurry up Maire!" said Coach April, as she calls to Maire to follow the lead of the other Forwards.

Maire then leaves to where Mal, Christen, Lynn, and Tobin were at. While Crystal plays the radio on her speaker. While doing so, the song (We Are One: by Pitbull FT. Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte) started to go on.

One minute later.

While handling the ball, in a practice play, Kelley then trips Maire more than once. Maire, however, gets up on every trip and fall that she takes, and runs after the ball. Maire then tries to get the ball away from Kelley, but is later shoved by Kristie on the grass. Coach April then whistled to have them try again.

"No hard feelings, right?" said Kristie, as she and Maire were walking back to the starting line.

"This is just practice. I'd be really upset if it wasn't." said Maire, as she chuckles.