Chapter 25

Maire is practicing with her fellow Forward teammates, and the rest of her teammates as well. During their practice break, Coach Jill then walks next to Maire.

"Hi Maire." said Coach Jill, as she stopped and stood next to Maire.

"Oh, hey Coach." said Maire

"I just wanted to inform you that your team uniform and jersey is ready. However, are you sure that you want to put in your nickname, instead of your actual last name?" said Coach Jill, as she looks at Maire.

"Yeah, I'm sure." said Maire

A few minutes later...

After their break, practice then started again.

During practice, Maire saves a ball from going to the sidelines, but bumps into the benches again while trying to stop. A few minutes after practice, Maire then goes to her room, where she tries on her team uniform and jersey (with the number that she has chosen to use). One, Three, AJS, Gizzy, Vanne, and Les facetime Maire.

"Hey girl!" said AJS, cheerfully as Maire answered her and the others facetime call.

"What's up?" said Vanne

After looking at the other screens, Les and the others looked a little confused after seeing other people in the facetime call.

"Are you like in Zoom meeting or something, or are you in class right now." said Les

"No, I'm not even taking summer classes right now." said Maire

"Then, why are there more than one person in this facetime call?" said Gizzy, as she questioned Maire.

"Yeah, and who are they?" said Les, as she is referring to One, Three, Vanne, Gizzy, and AJS.

"Oh right, I forgot to introduce you guys with each other." said Maire, as she sits on the desk chair in her room. "Girl best friends, meet the boy best friends, One and Three."

"I'm One." said One

"And I'm Three." said Three, as he waved.

"Boy best friends, meet the girls best friends, Gizzy, AJS, Vanne, and Les." said Maire

"Sup, I'm Gizzy." said Gizzy, as she waved.

"AJS." said AJS, as she waved.

"Hi there, I'm Vanne." said Vanne, as she waved.

"And I'm Les." said Les, as she waved.

"Yeah, Gizzy has been my best friend since kindergarten, Three and One have been my best friends since third grade, Vanne and AJS have been my best friends since my junior year in high school, and Les has been my best friend in my senior year in high school." said Maire

"Cool, then I guess we are all part of a friend group chat then." said Three, as he smiles.

"Yup." said Les

"No offense, Maire. But I thought that you were going to introduce one of them as your boyfriend, and the other one as a friend." said AJS, as she chuckles.

"What, oh no, nuh uh." said Maire, as she looked at AJS. "No, One and Three, are like bros to me."

"Yeah, and Maire is like a sister to us." said One, as Three nodded.

"Yeah." said Maire

"Well, you know what they say." said Les, as she starts to chuckle. "It all starts with a friendship."

"Right," said Maire, as she looked at Vanne's square video call. "Hey, are you painting something?"

"Yeah." said Vanne, as she put on a painting that she was working on her screen, so that everyone can see it. "How does it look?"