Chapter 45

The next day...

After practice, while in the meeting room, Megan, Allie, Sam, Andi, and Tobin have decided to call the U.S. Soccer manager to extend Maire's summer term season with them, much to Christen, Julie, Kristie, Lynn, Tirena, Rose, Carli, Kelley, Alex, and Crystal's dismay.

"Girls, let's reason over here." said Crystal, as she looks at Megan, Allie, Sam, Andi, and Tobin. "Maire has gotten even more hurt than before, when she didn't play well."

"Yeah, but. She has gotten better." said Sam, as she and the other girls looked at Crystal.

"Yeah, she can take the hit." said Megan, as she raises her voice.

"Uh no, she can't." said Rose

"Yeah, like any other player who gets injured." said Lynn, as she continued. "Maire can also get severely injured."

"Like that time she was taken down by Danielle Van De Donk, and that one other girl." said Christen

"I agree, with Christen and Crystal." said Lindsey

After Lindsey said that, the girls then get into an argument, and get separated into two sides: Megan, Allie, Sam, Andi, Lindsey, Mal, Emily, Morgan and Tobin, want Maire to stay in for another term. While Christen, Julie, Kristie, Lynn, Tirena, Rose, Carli, Kelley, Alex, and Crystal, don't want Maire to stay for another term, due to her injuries. 

Just then as the other girls enter the meeting room, along with Coach Jill, Coach April, and Maire. During the team's meeting, Coach Jill, Coach April, and Maire along with the other players don't notice anything different among the two groups.

However the next day at practice, Maire then starts to suspect something beyond the team, as Kelley and Tobin get into an argument, while Kelley tries to take the ball away from Tobin.

"Hey, you shoved me on purpose!" said Tobin, as she raised her voice to Kelley.

"No, I didn't." Kelley, said Kelley, as she raised her voice to Tobin.

"Give me back the ball!" said Tobin, as she tried to get the ball away from Kelley.

Kelley then puts the ball on the ground and pushes Tobin away from her.

"Kelley! Kelley, stop! You too, Tobin!" said Maire, as she ran towards both Kelley and Tobin, as other girls also went to separate them both.

Kelley is separated away by Christen and Carli, while Tobin is separated by Sam and Lindsey.

"Come on, Kelley let's go." said Christen, as she and Carli walked along with Kelley in a different way.

"What was that about?" said Maire, as she asked Tobin.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." said Tobin, as she, Lindsey and Sam walked another way.

(USWNT vs Mexico), During the first half of the game, Maire (still wearing her clear face guard) notices the team's lack of teamwork on the field and decides to talk to Megan and Christen, while the ball is across the field. Both Christen and Megan started to argue.

"Girls come on, not you too!" said Maire, as she looks at both Christen and Megan. "First, Kelley and Tobin, and now you two!"

Maire then separates both Christen and Megan.

"Maire, you have to stay focused on the game, and to not get distracted." said Megan, as she turns to Maire.

"Megan, I know that there's something going on with you, and the other girls." said Maire

"There is nothing wrong with us, Maire." said Christen, as she looks at Maire. "It's  just a misunderstanding."

Megan then brushes off in between both Maire and Christen. Just then, Monica Flores, with the help of Rebeca Bernal, scores a goal. Kenti Robles scores another goal for Mexico, a few minutes later. While in the locker room during half-time, Coach Jill yells at the team for their lack of work on the field.