Chapter 26

The next day...

On Maire's first game day. Everyone is excited except for Maire. The team along with Maire leave the camp, while in the bus Maire then sits behind Christen.

"You are going to do great, Maire." said Christen, as she was trying to boost Maire's confidence.

"Thanks for the pep talk but, I don't think that I am going to do good." said Maire

As the team gets to the stadium, Crystal then boosts up her music in their locker room, making Maire get some confidence, as they put on their game uniform.

"Oh yeah!" said Crystal, cheerfully and started to break it down.

"Crystal, turn it up loud!" said Kelley, as she smiles at Crystal.

"Yeah, we could barely hear it from the other side of the room." said Andi, as she started to chuckle.

"You got it." said Crystal, as she turns up the volume of the speaker.

"The more louder the music, the more we're not going to hear the refs blowing their whistles on the field." said Lindsey

"Oh come on, Lindsey." said Crystal, as she looks at Lindsey. "You know you want to dance."

"Yeah, but I prefer doing that if we won the game." said Lindsey, as she looks at Crystal.

After putting on their team uniforms, the girls then walked out of the locker room, along with the coach and the training staff. While walking on the field, with the other team (Haiti), Maire is then introduced to the stadium (as the winner of the cereal box ticket), her teammates, trainers, and coaches, then cheer for her. In her first game, Maire becomes one of the starters for the team, along with Megan, Christen, Sam, Rose, Alyssa, Becky, Juile, Kelley, Emily, and Andi.

"Alright girls." said Becky, as she and the other starters huddled up. "Now, let's show them what we're made of. Team on three! Ready, one, two, three!"

"Team!" said all of the girls.

As the game starts, Maire then goes to where both Christen and Megan are, both girls give Maire a thumbs up.

"Alright, let's do this." said Maire

Tweet...

The whistle is then blown, and the game finally starts, as Surely Jeudy the forward from Haiti, kicks the soccer ball to her teammate Nerilia Mondesir. Kelley along with Rose try to stop Nerilia Mondesir from passing the ball to her other teammates. Juile however, manages to steal the ball away from Nerilia Mondesir, and manages to pass the ball successfully to Emily, who passes it to Sam, who later passes it to Megan, who scores the team's first goal of the game. The ball is then kicked by Haiti's goalkeeper Kerly Theus.

"Oh man." said Maire, as she started to run towards the direction of where the ball was going to land.

Maire successfully gets the ball, and runs around with it, towards Haiti's goal post.

"Great, now what was the plan again? Oh no, I literally forgot about our plays!" said Maire, as she looked around to see who was open and who was not. "This is way different than what they trained us. A lot of ways are different, we've never practiced with a different team."

Meanwhile in the sidelines.

"What is she doing?" said Lindsey, on the sidelines.

Meanwhile back on the field.

"She's going to score!" said Kelley, as she looks at the other girls on the field.

"Yes, yes, yes." said Sam, as she looked at Maire.