Chapter 38

The next day, while in the lounge room... 

Maire, who was wearing her favorite cap, is sitting at a table along with Mal, Becky, Andi, Tirena, and Juile.

"Oh darn!" said Mal, as she accidentally spills water on the table. "My mistake. Are there any napkins?"

The girl at the table looked around at each other and all shrugged.

"Oh man." said Mal, as she looked at the water that was spreading on the table. "Sorry, girls."

"Don't worry it's just a spill," said Maire, as she looks at Mal.

"Are there any paper towels close by?" said Becky, as she asked the other girls, who also looked around the room.

"No." said Tirena

"We're all out." said Andi

"Great, the one time I do something like this, we don't have any paper towels!" said Mal

"Easy, Mal." said Juile, as she looks at Mal. "Don't be so hard on yourself."

"I'm going to get some paper towels." said Mal, as she walks away from the table.

"Me too." said Juile, as she walks behind Mal. "Mal, wait up! I'm going with you!"

Becky then looks at Andi, Maire, and Tirena.

"Girls, I'm going to get some napkins. Can you girls save my spot! I'll be right back!" said Becky, as she walked away from the table.

As Becky is walking towards the exit, Sydney then calls Becky. Andi and Tirena then walk to the line, as Maire stays at the table. While everyone is away, Maire then cleans the wetness from the table with her sweater, before anyone notices. 1 minute later, Andi and Tirena arrive back at the table. Becky also arrives at the table, with some napkins. Mal and Juile arrive a few minutes later. As she tries to wipe the table, Mal then notices that the table is dry.

"Huh, that's funny?" said Mal, as she looked at the table and back at the girls in a confused way. "The table is dry?"

"What?" said Andi

"What do you mean it's dry, it was wet a minute ago?" said Tirena

"I know, but now it's dry. Did anyone clean it?" said Mal, as she looked at the other girls, who all shrugged except for Maire.

Tobin then arrives later along with Crystal at the table that Maire and the other girls are sitting at. While sitting next to Maire, Crystal then sees that Maire's right sleeve from her sweater is soaked.

"Maire, why is your right sleeve wet?" said Crystal, as she asked Maire who stopped what she was doing.

The other girls also stopped what they were doing as well, and also looked at Maire.

"Maire, be honest with us." said Mal, as she looks at Maire. "Were you the one that cleaned up the spill?"

"Yes," said Maire, as she looked at Mal.

"With your sweater?" said Mal, as she questioned Maire.

"Yeah." said Maire, as she lowered her cap.

"Wait, did you just tip your cap?" said Tobin, as she looked at Maire and chuckled.

(USWNT vs Mexico). The next day while on the field, USWNT scored two goals that were made by both Tobin and Rose, in the first half. While in the second half, Maire is then subbed in for Tobin.

"Goodluck," said Tobin, as she tells Maire.

"Thanks, good job on the field." said Maire, as she went to where the other forwards from her team were.