Chapter 21

Day 9 of training...

Maire was in the indoor GYM room along with the training coach, Christen, and Carli.

"So, are you excited?" said Christen, as she looks at Maire.

"Excited?" said Maire, as she looks at Christen, in a confused way.

"Yeah, it's your last day practicing in a group. Tomorrow, you are going to practice on how to kick a soccer ball, dribble, or to be a goalkeeper, mid-fielder, or a striker." said Christen

"Well, I am a little excited." said Maire

Just then, Alyssa Neaher enters the room along with Danielle Colaprico, and Savanna McCaskill.

"Christen, can you help us set this up." said Carli, as she calls for Christen.

"Coming!" said Christen, as she looks at Carli and later back at Maire. "I'll be right back Maire, I'm going to help Carli set up the cones.

Maire was standing by herself, until Alyssa, Danielle, and Savanna wwe walking towards her.

"Hi Maire, said Alyssa, as she stood next to her. "I'm Alyssa Neaher, I am one of the goalkeepers for this team. It's finally nice to meet you."

"Hello." said Maire, as she smiles at Alyssa, Danielle, and at Savanna.

"Hi, I'm Danielle Colaprico." said Danielle, as she smiles and waves at Maire.

"And I'm Savanna McCaskill." said Savanna, as she smiles at Maire.

While helping the training coach set up the cones for the beep test, Emily then enters the room.

"Christen, Carli, Coach Jill wants to see you two right now." said Emily

"Why?" said Carli, as she and Christen look at Emily in a confused way.

"I don't know, but she did said that it was important." said Emily

"Okay." said both Carli and Christen, as they looked at the training coach.

"Coach, we are going to go with Emily." said Carli

"Don't worry, we are going to be back until training starts. It's going to be quick." said Christen

The training coach then nods, as Carli, Emily, and Christen run out of the room. The training coach then has Maire, Alyssa, Danielle, and Savanna do their stretches and later their drills, and a few push-ups and sit-ups. After the girls were done, Carli and Christen came in late, and joined the girls in their last round of sit-ups.

"I thought you said that it was going to be quick." said the training coach, as she looked at both Carli, and Christen.

"Uh, well. It took longer than expected." said Christen, as she smiled while her and Carli both looked at the training coach.

"Well, alright then." said the training coach, as she looks at all of the girls. "Alyssa, call the Break. Christen you and Carli stretch." 

"We did, on our way over here." said Carli, as Christen nods.

"Okay, then get in the circle." said the training coach

Christen and Carli, joined into the group as Alyssa was about to call break.

"Break, on three! One! Two! Three!" said Alyssa, as she called out.

"Break!" said all of the girls, as they went to their duffle bags and backpacks.

Five minutes later...

After their break, the girls then lined up in the starting line of the sideline. Alyssa was the first one, next to her was Carli, next to Caril was Savanna, next to Savanna was Maire, next to Maire was Danielle, and next to Danielle was Christen.

"So, what are we doing coach?" said Carli

"The beep test." said the training coach, as some of the girls started to whine. "You know the rules, you can run, jog, but you can't stop. Because, if you stopped running you are out, and won't be able to run again, because you are done. Now, any questions?"  

"How many do we do?" said Christen

"As much as you can." said the training coach, as she looked at Christen.

"Any other questions?" said the training coach, as she looks at the other girls. "No? Okay, well... one, two, three! Go!"

After hearing the training saying go, along with blowing her whistle, the girls then run towards where the cones are and back to the starting line. While running, Maire manages to beat her score from the first part of the beep test. After running in level thirteen, Maire then stops along with Alyssa and Savanna after running thirteen runs. Daniel stops running a few rounds later, along with Christen and Carli, after running in level seventeen after running fourteen runs.

"Finished!" said Carli, as she looked at the training coach.

"I'm impressed, Maire. I didn't think you were going to keep going." said the training coach, as she looked at Maire. "Honestly, I am a little surprised."

"Well, I'm a little surprised too." said Maire, as she looks at the girls and the training coach. "According to my father, I'm a long distance person on track."

"You were kind of sprinting." said Carli, as she looked at Maire.

"I manage to recuperate, after we all took that small break, during the beep test." said Maire

"Yeah, well... Anyways, I'm glad, because this time you did a little bit much better." said the training coach

"Keep up the good work." said Carli

"Well, girls, I think it's time to say that Maire is ready to move on to the next level!" said the training coach, as she and the other girls clap at Maire.

"Congratulations, Maire!" said the girls, as they all smiled and cheered at Maire.

"Thank you, but hopefully I can do well in practice." said Maire, as she smiles.

"Yes, because, either way the real practicing will occur the next day." said Carli

"Yeah, that's true, however, at least now you know of the names of all of your teammates." said Christen

"It's official." said Danielle, as she smiles.

"Tomorrow, we will see if you are a defender, a goalkeeper, a striker, or a midfielder." said Savanna

"Good luck, Maire." said the training coach