Chapter 11

When arriving at the eating lounge, Alex Morgan, Kriste Mewis, Crystal Dunn, Megan Rapinoe, along with Lynn Williams and Coach Jills are the only ones there.

"Maire, welcome." said Coach Jill, as she looked at Maire while she, Tobin, and Mal, entered the room. " Don't worry, the other girls will come in later. You can come and sit in with me, if you don't like to sit alone."

"Uh, sure. Okay." said Maire, as she sits down next to Coach Jill.

Alex, who was walking around, decides to sit with Maire.

"Mind if I join you." said Alex, as she looks at Maire.

"Uh, sure." said Maire, as she looked at Alex.

Alex then sits down with Maire, along with Carli, Tobin, and Mal, who were sitting next to her.

"Coach Jill, someone wants to talk to you." said one of the staff members.

"Okay, I'll be right there." said Coach Jill, as she turns to Maire. "Sorry, but I have to go."

Coach Jill then leaves Maire sitting alone at the table.

Christen, along with Lindsey Horan, Andi Sullivan, Tirena Davidson, Abby Dahlkemper, Ashlyn Harris, Becky Sauerbrunn, Morgan Brian, Ali Krieger, Juile Ertz, and Alyssa Neaher, arrive at the lounge. Christen, when seeing Maire sitting along with Alex, Carli, Tobin, and Mal decides to sit next to Mal realizing that there was an empty chair next to her.

"Do you girls mind if I sit next to you?" said Christen, as she looks at Maire, Alex, Carli, Tobin, and Mal.

"Oh no, not at all." said Carli

"Okay." said Christen, as she sits down next to Mal and sees Coach Jill's sweater on a chair close to Maire. "Where's Coach Jill?"

"She stepped out." said Tobin, as she looked at Christen. "But I guess she'll be back."

"Oh, okay." said Christen, as she sighs.

Maire, who's shoelace was untied, without her knowing. Gets up from the chair, while doing so Maire then steps on her shoelace, trips on her chair and falls on it. The other girls gasped, while others tried hard not to laugh. Alex, Carli, Tobin, and Mal along with Christen looked around in their surroundings.

Maire then sighs.

"Idiot." said Maire, as she told herself in her mind while she turned red in embarrassment.

"Are you alright?!" said Alex

"Hm? Yeah, yeah. I'm, I'm alright." said Maire, as she gets up from the floor and ties her shoelaces.

"What happened? How did you fall?" said Mal

"I stepped on my shoelace. And fell on the floor, taking the chair with me." said Maire, as she stopped tying her shoelaces.

"But are you sure that you're alright?" said Christen, as she looks at Maire. "We could take you to the medical room to have you get checked."

"What hurts you?" said Tobin, as she asks Maire.

"My embarrassment." said Maire, as she tells herself.

"What hurts?" said Tobin, as she asks Maire again.

"Nothing." said Maire, as she looked at Tobin.

"The chair was probably defective." said Mal, as she looks at the chair, while she picks it up from the floor.

"Yeah." said Carli

"I don't think so, and now thanks to me I broked it." said Maire, as she looks at the floor.