Chapter 23

Day 11 of training, In the morning Maire then practices shooting soccer goals with the United States Women's National Team, and learns their practice drills and soccer dribbles. Maire also learns how to juggle a soccer ball. After juggling the soccer ball along with Crystal, Coach Jill then blew the whistle, as everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

"Practice game time, ladies!" said Coach Jill, as she tells the girls. "Get your practice jerseys!"

The girls then lined up in a line, and grabbed a jersey from two trainers.

"Here you go." said one of the trainers, as he gave a grey practice jersey to Maire.

"Thank you." said Maire, as she took the grey practice jersey.

"Oh yeah!" said Crystal, cheerfully as she looked at Maire. "We're on the same team!"

Maire then looks at Crystal's jersey which was also Grey.

"Yeah, I guess we are." said Maire, as she puts on her jersey.

"Blue Team, against Grey Team!" said Tierna, who also has a grey jersey as well.

Tobin who was across from them, looks at them.

"Let's see who wins!" said Tobin, who has a blue jersey.

"Well, that's easy! It's going to be us!" said Crystal, as she points at her jersey.

"Mm hm, right." said Tobin, as she looks at Crystal. "And how do you know your team is going to win?"

"Because, we have Christen and Carli, as forwards." said Crystal, as she looks at Tobin.

"Right, you have them two, but we have Megan, Lynn, and obviously me." said Tobin, as she smirks and smiles.

"We also have Alex." said Crystal, as she pointed to Alex who was talking to Rose.

"Will see." said Tobin, as she walks away.

"What was that about?" said Maire

"Oh, Crystal and Tobin are just trying to get the game going." said Tierna, as she stands next to Maire.

"How?" said Maire

"To see which team is better." said Tierna

"Oh." said Maire

"Alright, girls get into your positions!" said Coach Jill, as she tells the girls. "The game is going to start!

"Wait, Coach question!" said Maire, as she looks and waves at Coach Jill. "What position do I play in?!"

"Defender!" said Coach Jill, as she looked at Maire.

"Oh okay, thank you." said Maire, as she turned to the defender section.

As the practice game starts, the ball is then kicked by Rose, however Kelley who was on the Blue Team gets the ball and passes it to Megan who kicks it towards Maire. Maire then accidentally touches the ball with her hands, after the ball was going directly at her.

"Mano!" said all of the girls from the blue and grey team.

"Maire, you're not suppose to touch the ball with your hands!" said Crystal

"Sorry, I forgot that I wasn't a goalie." said Maire, as she is still holding the ball with her hands.

"Our ball!" said Tobin, as she called out.

"Thank you." said Sydney, as Maire gave her the ball.

The next day... Day 12 of training, Maire then practices dribbling a soccer ball along with her teammates, Rose and Sam, and the other midfielders. A few minutes later, the team are then put on doing running stretches, along with speed bands. Maire is then partnered up with Kelley, while Maire is running, Kelley is then holding on to the speed band.