Chapter 28

When walking into the lobby, the receptionist then looks at Maire.

"Oh Ms. Maire, I was wondering if you found your key already." said the receptionist.

Maire then looks at the receptionist and gives her a confused look.

"Wait what? What do you mean by finding my key already?" said Maire, as she asked and took out her room key. "I always have my room key with me."

"Yeah, one of your teammates said that you lost your key, and that you told her to get you the extra room key from us." said The receptionist, looking surprised and a little confused as well.

"Which teammate was the one that told you, that I lost my key." said Maire

"Ms. Kelley O'Hara, I think." said The receptionist

Maire then thought for a minute.

"She's trying to scare me." said Maire

"Doesn't it seem a little too strange, that she asked for the key even though you said that you always have your key with you?" said The receptionist

"She is probably planning a prank." said Maire

"Oh, well maybe that's it." said the receptionist, as she looked at Maire. "According to some of your other teammates, if she asks us for their room keys, to not give it to her. But we thought that with you it was going to be different."

"Yeah, no I don't think so." said Maire

"I am very sorry." said The receptionist

"Oh no, don't be. At least this confusion was cleared before something else could happen." said Maire, as she smiles. "And besides thank you for giving me that warning."

"You're welcome." said The receptionist, as she smiled back.

Maire then leaves the lobby and decides to walk to the training room. A few hours later, Maire then enters her room quietly and hears somebody snoring underneath her bed. Maire then gets her stuff gently and leaves the room, while Kelley is still sleeping. The next day, Tobin, Carli, and Mal then find Christen sleeping in one of the sofas in the lobby.

"Did she sleep here all night?" said Mal, as she whispers to Tobin and Carli.

"I don't know." said Carli, as Tobin and her shrugged.

"Christen. Christen, wake up." said Mal, as she taps Christen on her shoulder.

"Hm? Huh?" said Christen, as she woke up.

"What are you doing sleeping in the lobby?" said Tobin, as she looked at Christen who started to yawn.

"Maire has decided to leave the team." said Christen, as she stopped yawning. "First thing the morning."

"What?!" said Carli, Mal, and Tobin

"So, I decided to stop Maire from changing her mind and wait for her." said Christen, as she stood up from the seat.

"She left." said Mal

"I did not see that coming." said Carli

"Neither did I." said Tobin

Meanwhile in Maire's room, Kelley finally wakes up and accidently leaves the door open, as she's walking out of her room. A few minutes later, Christen seeing Maire's room door open and sees that her stuff isn't in there, thinks that Maire had left without saying goodbye, Christen becomes upset and leaves. While in the lounge, rumors have gone on saying that Maire has left the team, since she wasn't seen all morning.

"What?" said Emily, looking surprised. "She left."

"She couldn't handle the heat." said Lindsey, as she and the other girls started to whisper.