Individual

It wasnt until the end of the day when my time started to become filled.

Kai did indeed page me using a zap of electricity and an internal message to come back.

When I got in he looked rushed, almost for my sake. He handed me the phone and grabbed my elbow, pulling me out the door and down the stairs into the parking lot. He made his way toward a dark blue 1963 Chevy StepSide C-10 pickup.

"When the hell did you get one of these?" I said in amazement as I grazed my fingers over the hood.

"Today, while you were avoiding me." He grumbled opening up the car door and slamming it shut.

"Hey! Be careful, shes fragile!" I said getting into the truck carefully. "Now what's your deal? You dont usually act this frantic."

"Remember Liz?" I nodded and he sighed putting the keys into the ignition. "Yeah well shes dead."

***

I was waiting for Caroline with Damon at the hospital, then she came rushing down the hallway of the busy hospital.

She ran into the room and Damon, Elena and I followed in after Stefan. She held Liz's hand and set her head down on the hospital mattress. Stefan stood behind her perfectly still and Damon helled the crying Elena in his arms. I leaned up against the back of the wall as I watched the room, then I pushed off the wall and walked out the room. Damon followed me.

"Where are you going?" He asked upset.

"Out of here. I was thinking about skipping town for a few days, distance myself from Kai, give Caroline a few days before I start to become her friend. I dont want her to think I'm pitying her, this is without a doubt a hard time for her along with everyone else here and I dont want to be a burden."

"You wont. Your not, youd be a burden to all of us if you were to leave."

"How?"

"Well, first off youd be leaving us with a very chatty, annoying, and needy Kai Parker. Plus it would be amazing... on my part at least, for you to stay. But if you dont want to stay because of me, stay because of them. Kai is the last thing Caroline needs to be bothered by, along with everyone else."

I groaned and looked up at him, he seemed like he needed me, I didnt want to let him down. I nodded at him and gave in. "Alright. But I dont know what you'll want me to do, otherwise I'll just be sitting around doing nothing-"

"That's ok. You dont need to do something to be around us, your company is enough."

"But I dont want to intrude on anything-"

"The more help the better. Just try not to bring Kai along, Care doesn't really like him and if he doesnt want to shut up-"

"I'll keep him at home. Speaking of which... I should probably go, I'll need to call him so he can pick me up."

"Stay with us, everyone is camping out in our livingroom because we dont want Care to be alone right now."

"Ok... I still need to call him though, tell him I'm staying with you all." He nodded and kissed my forehead out of his own comfort, it didnt bother me. He walked away back into the room and I walked further down the hall and sat there trying to figure out how go use this damn thing.

"Hey, you figures out how to use a phone!" He sounded ecstatic.

"Yeah... hey, I'm going to have to ask you a favor."

"Uhm... yeah ok, what's up?"

"Well, I need you to... stay away from the Salvatores for now. For Caroline's sake."