Development

"No!" I screamed grapping my throat as I woke up. I looked around myself, I was home.

I got out of my bed in my small room and walked downstairs. Father was now taking later hours so he wouldnt have to go into work so earlier, said he wanted to see me try and council our coven before he left for his long hours.

I didnt want to council us.

I dont want to do this.

I stumbled down the stairs rubbing my eyes and walked into the kitchen, eggs were being made like normal, along with toast.

"You need to start getting up earlier. How do you expect to lead us in a few months if you wake up hours after everyone else?" Mother yelled at my flipping the eggs.

"Yes mother. Sorry."

"Just go set the table, also go upstairs and knock on everyone's doors for breakfast." She ordered, I sighed and set the few tables we had, I set around 30 sets of everything youd ever need for a meal.

I didnt want to do this every day for the rest of my life. I didnt want to lead people, mother would convince father that I wouldnt be able to change the rules. I'd be stuck in hell for the next 30 years.

I knocked on all the doors and quickly walked out of the house and across the street. I covered myself with a cloaking spell from the very little magic I had left from my mother. I walked up to Kais basement window where he slept and knocked on it, uncloaking myself.

"Let me in!" I whispered. He cranked his window open and I slid in, he grabbed my waist to help me onto my feet as I stood. I pushed him away and swiftly brought my fist back and squared him in the face.

"Dont touch me. Or next time you'll leave with more than a hurt jaw." I grumbled pulling my shirt down. He nodded and grabbed his baseball bat and propped it on his shoulder.

"I'm ready when you are." He smiled and I rolled my eyes. I grabbed the kitchen knife of the desk of his and walked towards his door.

"I dont want this. Let's just get it over with so I can leave."

Thankfully Kai doesn't live with his whole coven like I did, so it was pretty easy with the two of us to distract his dad a kill them one by one.

I helped Kai tie the ropes around two of his siblings necks as we threw them over their balcony in the back of the house. He beat one of his brothers as I drowned the other in the pool.

Jo tried to run, she tried to run so fast but I was faster. I helped her down as Kai carved her open and took her spleen out, we both left her to find the twins.

They ran and Jo tried to hide them, when she finally got out of both of our gazes she ran off. Kai was making his way outside after the twins after Jo was hiding under the bed, then a man caught my eye.

"Rae, what are you doing? Let's go." He demanded as I stopped.

"Yeah... I'll be right there. Give me a minute." I snapped following the dark figure into the shadows, Kai groaned and walked away.

"Hello?" I whispered as the figure brought me to the basement of the house.

It stopped in front of me, two more figures appeared behind it.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked walking closer.

"Rae, stop. Let go." The first man told me, the second I looked at him the shadow turned into a person, along with the other two behind it.

"Kai?" I asked. This Kai looked more mature, he was built more muscular and was slightly taller than the one I knew now.

"Raya, let go!" He yelled shaking my shoulders. I looked behind him to see Stefan and Damon.