Artificial

The past few weeks were hard, not just for me but for everyone.

Me and Stefan became silent friends. We would sit and just be there for each other, we would rarely talk to each other during the times we were silent, but in other places we would talk to each other like weve known one another for years.

Damon was a weird situation. At first I was very short with him, I understood why he said what he said because Stefan told me, but she was on her death bed. She didnt deserve his goodbye, but it wasnt even a goodbye, it was like an insult. Things got easier between me and him eventually, we stopped arguing over every little thing, we started to spend time together.

Bonnie stayed in town but was always out, while Elena went MIA. And honestly, good riddance.

Kai was always around. Never to be rid of. He was the reason I was about to murder the whole town. He would mock me, follow me around to annoy me, make stupid comments and do things just to make me mad. Thankfully today was the only time he wouldnt be around.

But it wasnt for a good reason.

It was time to put Lily in the family crypt, where she was supposed to be when I entered this world.

It was snowing outside, too cold for rain. The two boys carried the box over to the crypt and set it down in front as I walked behind them with Nora and Valerie.

"Is this it?" Damon asked, pointing out how there was only five people here. "Wheres your girlfriend?" He asked Nora.

"That is none of your concern." She addressed codly.

"Trouble in paradise?" He asked in a cocky way with a half smile, I tilted my head and gave him a dull look.

"Damon." I muttered, he rolled it off his shoulder.

"What about Julian?" Stefan asked.

"We havent heard from other of them since she died. I sided with Lily, or did you forget?"

"It just us, Beau couldn't bring himself to say goodbye." Valerie stated.

"Ah, I'm sure he couldn't find the right words to say." He chuckled at his own joke, I glared at him.

"Damon." I said more strictly this time. "I'm sorry. Damond behavior is inexcusable, but hes just having a hard time right now." Damon scoff at my apology and smiled, I gave him a stern look and he stopped his humor.

"Its alright." Nora said, placing her hand on my shoulder then back in her pockets.

"Arlight. Let's put her away." Damon said lifting one end of the box.

"Wait, we should say something." Stefan said.

"No we shouldn't."

"Yes, we should." Nora interrupted. She walked up to the box and started  talking, I grabbed Damon's elbow and pulled him back a few steps.

"Look. I get you dont like her in the slightest, and that's ok, I'm not judging you for it but everyone else here loves her. As hard as it is for you, I think you should respect that. Because one day your going to look back on this and you would have wanted to given her a proper goodbye, both times. Your going to want to stand with them, I know you dont want to know so just... let the grieve without your moronic comments. Especially Stefan." I whispered to him.

"Are you apart of them?" He asked and Nora walked away, Valerie went up holding flowers.

"I'm in between. I dont love them like they do, but I feel bad. She shouldnt have died, and I cant believe she was blaming herself for almost getting me killed. That was all on me, not her."