Signal

"Thank you." She said as I drove her back home slowly. "I needed that."

We had gone to the local bar, downed some heavy drinks and then killed a few people. It really calmed her down, like if was weird and she was high on it.

I wanted her calm, I wouldnt complain about this. She needed to he relaxed, if she is nervous about the merge and freaking out about it, her magic being stripped away from her for a test will hurt her more if she isnt calm, especially for her.

"Anytime. I'm just glad your feeling ok."

"Oh I feel more than ok," She smiled at me. "I feel refreshed." She sighed. "Ben is being good too. Hes asleep right now, his heart rate it at ease."

"I'm amazed that you can hear his heart rate."

"Well we are only a mile down the road, I amazed you cant hear it." She shoved my shoulder and I laughed, but didnt respond. My smile quickly fell and I clutched the steering wheel.

"What's wrong." She asked sounding disappointed.

"Nothing." I tried to reassure her quickly, it didnt work.

"Kai, tell me what's on your mind." She said as we pulled into the driveway, I handed her the keys and she kept them in her hands, hold the same key I was holding when I passed it over to her.

"Nothings on my mind." I scoffed with a smile. She looked at me sternly.

"I wont ask again. Your upset about something, or at least... tense. I'll wait until you decide to tell me." She said crossed her arms and stared at me, I shook my head with a smile and looked down at my feet.

When I looked back up she had the same look on her face, if not more strict than the last look. My smile fell and I cleared my throat.

"Its just um... are you sure you want to do this? Are you sure you are ready for this?" I knew I shouldnt have asked, but she wouldnt have gotten off my back until I told her. I couldn't imagine how she felt.

If she got through this, she would have new responsibilities, she would have lost a brother, and depending on how Jessica treats her after this she'll loose a sister-in-law too. And Ben, I know she doesn't want to leave him, but she can always come up and visit. I was on the fence on her staying or coming back with me, I knew itd be better for her, along with her coven if she stayed, but then again, she should come back home with me.

"I dont know." Her voice cracked, I was praying she wasnt going to cry. I didnt like to see her cry, I knew when she did I was supposed to hold her and not talk, but other than that, I didnt know how to act. "I know this is a huge responsibility. I know how it's going to effect me in the long run."

"We dont have to talk about this. I didnt want to ask you."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I know I want this. I just dont know how I fell about the consequences."

"That's ok." I whispered. "I can help you through it. I will help you through this, if you need it."

"I dont need it." She snapped, and I nodded. I didn't take it to heart, I usually never did. "Once the merge is done, your leaving."

"Will you be coming with me?" I asked frantically.

"I'm... not sure yet. I might stay for a few days afterwards. I might stay longer than that. I need to take time to adjust to my new possible position."

"Fine. But once I leave and your not back within two weeks, I'm coming back and stealing you. Damon will be mad, he already is."

"He'll get over it."