Untied

I could hear every word that was being said as I watched Ben play with his trucks in the lawn. Stefan and Valerie pulled in and I perked up.

"Stefan!" I said walking over to them. "Valerie, Stefan. I'd like you to meet Ben." I said gesturing over the little one. "Ben, dont hurt them. Valerie is like me and Kai, and be gentle with Stefan. Hes not a witch." I whispered to him as Ben came flying up to them.

"Well hello!" Valerie said happily as she kneeled down, Ben hugged her around the neck and she picked him up. "You are so cute!" She smiled at him, Stefan caught the yelling going inside, I hesitated and pulled him away.

"What the hell is going on in there?"

"Well... so I'll just start at the beginning. I kidnapped Bonnie to hurt Kai-"

"You what?"

"Shes totally fine now! Maybe a little physically drained but everything I did to her wont affect her longterm."

"Alright, keep going."

"So Ben has met Kai before and they were kind of bonding then Kai and I started talking about who Ben thinks his parents are and Bonnie heard. Now shes going on and on about how he shouldnt be helping me raise Ben and how Ben nor me is his responsibility and how she is his responsibility."

"Oh, wow. What should we do?"

"Not walk inside. She sounds calmer right now so I think I'll go in but please stay out here with Valerie and Ben."

He nodded. "Alright. But dont you think I'm going to bond with that thing. Thatll be Damon's job."

"Yeah, if Ben is still around." I muttered.

That was a terrifying thought. What if one of the absolute loves of my life wouldnt meet the other. What if Ben died before he ever got to meet Damon. That shook me.

"I'm going in." I chuckled back at Stefan.

"Good luck with that." He laughed, I nodded once then opened the door and went inside.

Kai had just came down the stairs fuming. His face was red and his fists were clench shut.

"Why the hell are you still here." He asked moving past me.

"Because this is where I live."

"Really?! Because you haven't been here for the past 2 and a half years! So why are you coming back now? And why the hell did you have to bring that little demon along?!"

"Because I wanted him here with me! I came back because I'm hoping that there will be a chance for Damon to come back! From the looks if it I should be asking why you are here!"

"I am here because my girlfriend is here! Because this is where I have been ever since I came here about 4 years ago!"

"What is your sudden deal? Is it because you were caught by Bonnie hanging out with Ben? Because you should not be taking that out on me Malachai!" He grabbed my shoulders and sped us up against the wall, slamming my body on the wood.

"I'm going to turn your life into hell, Raya Prior. No rules. This... this is war. Two coven leaders at war, and I will do anything I have to do in order to make your life miserable." Then he disappeared, and that's when my panic set in.

I rushed outside to make sure that Ben was ok. Thankfully Stefan was watching Valerie and Ben play, they were all still safe. Stefan saw my panic as I had rushed outside.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing yet..." I mumbled. "Kai is uh... definitely not happy. And I just made him angrier."