Nobility

"Do you remember this sword?" He asked casually. "When you, you know, drove it through my chest." He falsely drove it through his chest like he was playing pretend. "Well you did quite have all the pieces together, did you? Literally. See when a vampire is stabbed through the heart with the completed sword, it acts as a magical conduit. Transferring their spirit into this particularly nasty stone."

"You moronic idiots!" I yelled at them. "You didnt have the stone in the sword? How stupid do you boys get?!"

"We dont know what it does." Damon defended.

"Its to punish vampires. Every sin we've ever committed goes into that tiny little stone and creates our own personal hell. And right now, we are all being threatened with it." I explained defeated.

"What a smart girl!" Julian smiled at me, his teeth were tinted a light red color and his face was dirty. "You boys have a genius on your hands, of course not for long. You know, I spent over 100 years trapped inside this little thing. 100. Then Lily saved me, and for the briefest of moments,vi had her back in my life. She was the only thing that kept the madness of the stone at bay, you know the only thing that kept me sane."

"Wait. That was you... sane?" Damon asked, my eyes fell on him in front of me with widened eyes.

"Well it was." Stefan slightly turned his head and smiled, it seemed like he was trying to understand. "But, uh, now...?" He inhaled deeply and turned away from us. "You know, these have been dark days for me. And then I remembered, what my old life looked like. And I... I realized..." He went on and on, too many pauses and lots of sighs.

"I mean it was a good life. I was surrounded by the people that I cared about." Then the doors opened, people came pouring in. "My friends." He smiled, opening his arms. He started to chuckle as we all looked around, Stefan smiled at him, very annoyed.

He started to introduce the four people he came in with, most of them he had known for hundreds of year, some of them only weeks long.

"Now I know you boys have been hunting me down for quite some time now, with the exception of the little one." He chuckled, spiraling his finger around at me. "I'm just hoping it wasnt for nefarious reasons."

"Well it depends. Is killing you nefarious?" Stefsn asked with such humor, he stepped in front of me and Damon.

"Alright look, I'm sure we all miss Lily." Damon said strutting up next to Stefan, they were shoulder to shoulder. I sighed and walked up in between them, each elbow up on their shoulders, it made my coat bunch up because my arms were practically in the air.

"Well, most of you. You guys in particular." I said spinning my finger back at him.

"I'm sure, wherever she is, shes looking up and thinking, 'I wish those boys wouldnt fight.'" Damon said, looking up at the ceiling in a dreamy state. I ignored his insults.

"We arent going anywhere." Stefan finalized.

"Good." Julian whispered, pointing at us. Stefan kept his smile on his face.

"Alright. Plan B. Booze-soaked, flammable costumes." He smiled and quickly lighted a match and threw it into the floor, then grappled me and I gripped onto Stefan and he ran us out.

"Ok, so we reload, we figure out a way to separate him from his friends-"

"We do no such thing. We get in the car and we go home." Damon interrupted Stefan.

"What? What are you talking about. Hes building a small army back there, hes obviously up to something."

"Hes getting wasted with his friends. Your delusional, trust me. That? That is a hornet's nest," He said pointing back as we quickly walked down a light alley way. "And take it from an expert you dont want to kick it." He rambled.