Depleated Excitment {4}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

*Eight years old*
Again, let's note I'm not following the timeline exactly, so some logic is off and ages are different.

"I wonder if we'll be on the same team!" You whisper shout to Rin. She bounces in her seat next to you and holds back a squeal. "Wouldn't that be so cool? All three of us on one team. That's like a dream come true!" She says, her smile big and happy.

Obito crosses his arms and leans back in the seat beside you. "I'm just happy I even passed. I was so close to failing again!" He whines.

You place your hand on his head and move it around a bit. "It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success." You tell him.

He blankly stares at you and slowly blinks. "What the heck does that even mean?" He asks. You keep your same soft smile and shrug. "No clue! Hikaru says it to me a lot and it makes me feel better."

Suddenly, you feel something get thrown at the back of your head and turn around to look at who threw it. And per usual, it's Kakashi.

"C-can you stop?" You ask, keeping your voice calm and sweet, being nice like you're told. He squints his eyes and throws another ball of paper, this time it hitting your nose. "C-can you stop?" He mocks.

You snap back around and cross your arms, pouting in your seat.

"What a brat." Kakashi mutters, only making you slump further.

Obito places his hand on your shoulder and pats it. "He's just angry because he's lame. He's jealous." He murmurs, making sure Kakashi can't hear. You push away your anger and sit back up. "Yeah. He's super lame."

"You guys shouldn't be too upset with him. Maybe he has problems at home." Rin suggests. You purse your lips and look at your desk.

You know what it's like to have problems at home. Except your brother still takes you away from them so you haven't exactly experienced it to the full extent.