Jiraiya {5}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

It's been about six months of training with Jiraiya. Coming to terms with not seeing your family every day was hard, but you've grown comfortable enough with Jiraiya that it was a bit easier to adjust. And now you're used to it. You've adapted and now this is normal for you.

"We're stopping at this village for a week or so. The scenery here is very intriguing." Jiriaya says with a giggle that makes you look at him funny. "There's also a nice lake where you can work on your chakra for Shingon Release."

You continue practicing your hand signs for a simple jutsu as you walk, not putting any chakra into it but just practicing the seals. "What even is Shingon Release? Don't I have to know what the jutsu does before I, like, do it?" You ask.

He nods his head side to side and shrugs. "Eh~ kinda. It's a bit different for you. You have a special kind of chakra. It's rare and hard for you to control. But when you do gain control over it, you'll start to understand it more and that's when we can complete your jutsu."

You steady your hands and squint your eyes. "Special chakra? Hikaru said I have wind style. Even you said that. That's what we've been working on." You point out.

"Yeah, you do. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about yin and yang. You need to learn to grasp those two chakras, then combine them, then combine yin-yang with wind style. When you do that; you'll create heavenly chakra which will then allow you to complete Shingon. But it'll take a while for that. Because even if you do gain control over those two chakras— and you're able to combine them with wind— we can only do the jutsu after your tenth birthday." Jiraiya's voice is stern— the tone letting you know just how determined he is to get this done with you.

But what catches your attention is the last sentence. "My tenth birthday? I'm only eight. What happens if I'm not able to do it in time?" You question.

"You'll die."

Your walking feet come to a halt and you look at him, huge eyes and a shocked expression. Clearly that was the last answer you expected him to give you. You thought it would be something along the lines of heading back to the village. Not death.

"D-die?" You stutter. He nods and turns around, looking down at you. "Yup. Dead. Gone. Deceased. Expired. Lifeless. Buried. The big adios. Bite the-"

"Ok! Ok I get it." You mutter and storm past him, entering the village with Jiraiya following, chuckling at how easily he got you riled up. "Calm down, we'll get it done before you turn ten. But we can't actually attempt to do the jutsu until after your tenth birthday. There's something we need to do beforehand." He says.

You slow down your steps, watching the way your shoes make prints in the dirt— leaving a trail everywhere you go as if you're never not being followed.

"But that means I can't go home until then? That's almost two years. Can't we just do whatever we need to do before I turn ten so I can go home?" You question.

Jiriaya looks down at you, looking at the way you're watching your feet, and frowns. "We could. But Hikaru specifically asked me to hold it off as long as possible. Therefor, we will do as he wishes. But as soon as we do what we need to do, you'll be able to do the jutsu."

You don't bother responding and instead shrug. You really do want to go home. Every day all you think about is your brother, mom, and friends. There's also heavy guilt packed into your body— knowing you left people without saying goodbye isn't a great feeling.

Suddenly Jiraiya breaks out into giggles. "H-hey! I'm going to get going. Head to the lake and go practice, see ya!" Without waiting for a response from you, he runs into a shared bathhouse.

Rolling your eyes, you keep walking and adjust your bag. As you walk through the streets, you find yourself watching the way people interact. An old man giving another man some change, an aged lady feeding some ducks, even two teenagers laughing their asses off over something you won't understand.

But what catches your eyes— and makes you stop walking— are two people. More specifically, a young girl and a teenage boy. The girl has a wide smile and giggling while sitting on her brothers shoulders.

You watch as the boy turns into a booth and buys two skewers of dango, in which he gives one to his sister. As you watch the scene, you can't help but feel jealous. You miss your older brother more than anything. He babied you and you know it, but you also made sure he was okay.

You rub your eyes a bit and continue walking, trying to push away the jealousy in your soul.

                     ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sparks fly from your hand and you shove it into the water of the lake that sits in front of you. You've been working on chakra control for a few hours now. And nothing is working. Any time you try and steady it, it gets out of control and burns your hand— leaving black marks everywhere.

You're definitely drained too. Using so much chakra is hard on your body. Sure you've gotten much better, but still, it's hard.

It's also hitting you right now. After every attempt, you're struggling to catch your breath and droplets of sweat are forming on your forehead.

"Okay, okay I've got this." You shut your eyes and firmly press your hand onto your wrist, getting ready to steady your chakra into your palm. Just as you start, an idea shoots into your brain like a rocket and you quickly stop.

You lean over the lake while you sit on your thighs and stick your hand in. It's a very clear lake, so you're able to see your hand just fine through it. It's just a bit deformed from the soft ridges of water.

You close your eyes and suck in a deep breath before hardening your face and shooting a steady line of chakra to your palm. And this time the pain isn't there. Instead, you feel your hand grow warm and the water swishes around.

You're able to keep the same flow, steady and calm. Instead of the usual insane amount of chakra you put into it, it's a good amount and you're controlling it with ease.

Except the fact that you're exhausted and already used about 60% of your chakra while working for hours upon hours.

So, your head starts getting dizzy and you snap your flow. As you struggle to catch your breath, your eyelids droop and you already know what's about to happen— you're going to pass out.

"Shoot." You whisper and start falling forward into the stagnant lake before you.

But at the last moment— just before your tired body hits the water— you're grabbed and raised into the air, getting set on top of something. You use your hands to steady yourself and when you feel something extremely soft and spiky, you shoot your eyes open.

"Jiraiya-sensei?" You rasp when you see where you are; on Jiraiya's shoulders. The 'soft and spiky' thing is his mane of white hair.

He chuckles and raises his hand to you, offering you one of the two skewers of dango he bought. "Here kid, you've worked hard enough for today."