Goodbye, beloved {10}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You quietly walk up to the gates of the Leaf and stare at your feet, kicking a bit of dirt.

"Are you excited for the mission Y/N?" Rin asks with a big smile. You keep your eyes to the floor and nod your head, humming in response.

After what happened with Kakashi, a load of your confidence snapped in half. Mainly because of how embarrassed you are that you cried like that in public. And that was almost two weeks ago.

Rin sees the way you've retreated back to how you used to be and sadly frowns before walking back to the large pole and leaning against it.

"Well, good morning guys." Minato chirps as he approaches all of you. Rin greets him with a verbal response while Kakashi and you just give him a nod of the head.

Honestly, not only are you still upset about the whole letter fiasco,,, but you're also nervous. This is your fifth mission or so with this team and each time you've grown more and more used to fighting opponents.

But what really scares you is the fact that- well- it's the Third Shinobi War. So many people have died and you can only imagine who's next.

Suddenly you hear feet rushing behind you and glance backwards to see Obito running to your guys' team. You and him make eye contact and you simply look back forward, not wanting to speak to anybody.

"Hey Y/N!" He greets and wraps an arm around your shoulder.

He has in fact noticed your change in attitude, as has everyone, but he constantly tries to somehow pull your self back out. Nothing has worked though. You simply greet him back with a nod of the head and grip onto your bag with both of your hands.

"So as we all know, Kakashi is now a Jōnin." Minato says with a big smile and his hands on his hips, looking at his student proudly. You mutter a small congratulations while Rin verbally says it and Obito's eyes go white, his hold on you faltering and getting weaker.

You glance over at your friend and purse your lips, just knowing that he clearly forgot to get a gift.

"Here Kakashi," Rin hands him a box that's been prettily decorated. "It's a medical box. I made everything inside easier to use and quicker." She explains, her cheeks slightly blushed over- something you notice and slightly raise your lip at.