Fall Back Into Place {48}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You exit the office and hang your head, tears dripping down your cheeks.

Everyone sees this and Kakashi's heart drops, walking quickly to you and cupping your face to make you look up at him. "W-what happened?" He asks with his brows pulled together.

You throw on a smile and jump into him, hooking onto his neck. "I CAN STAY!"

He stumbles back and is slightly taken aback by your sudden change but quickly realizes what you did. So he sets you down and places his hands on your shoulders as the kids cheer for joy, Sasuke just having a small smile.

"Y-you can stay?" Kakashi asks with a wide eye. When you give him a quick happy nod, he pulls you into him and kisses you through his mask, catching the kids by surprise.

Naruto pumps his fist in the air and grabs both Sasuke and Sakura's wrists. "I win the bet! They're together! Now you have to buy me ramen!" Before anything else can be said, he runs away and pulls them with him.

Kakashi pulls back and you see tears falling from his eyes, a visible smile underneath his mask. "Y-you can st-ay." His voice snaps halfway through the last word and switches to a scratchy whisper, his throat tightening.

You pull down his mask and go on your toes, pressing your forehead to his with a very present smile. "I can stay." You whisper.

He pecks your lips quickly and pulls his mask back up before going into Tsunade's office with his hand in yours. He doesn't get too far in before he stops and begins speaking.

"Y/N and I are resigning from being ninja."

Tsunade snaps her brows together and is taken back by this statement. She shakes her head and looks into his eye, then to you. "You're both valuable ninja that we can't risk losing. I'm sorry, but that's not an option. Y/N, I love you, but you also need to stay. You both have much too much talent."

You let go of Kakashi's hand and step a couple of steps forward, keeping your hands behind your back and fidgeting with your fingers. "Tsunade, I really do want this. I've been in the ninja world all my life... and I'm over it. I want to live a normal life..." You then grab Kakashi's hand and bring him to your side.