Embarrassed {9}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You carefully approach the training fields and hold the plain envelop in both of your hands, staring intensely ahead of you with a beet red face, only praying that the person you're looking for is the only one there.

"Shoot..." You walk onto the meeting spot and purse your lips when you only see Kakashi, no one else. He watches as you approach him and sees your red face and the letter in your hands.

His eyes widen and his heart starts thumping just the smallest amount.

But that fades when you stop around ten feet away and sit in the grass, continuing to look at the letter in your hands and not looking at him.

You feel a foot appear on your upper arm and it pushes you just a small bit, just to catch your attention. You look away from the letter and up at Kakashi. "What's that?" He asks in his usual monotone voice.

"Nothing."

The letter is suddenly slipped out of your hands and it appears in Kakashi's. "Well if it's nothing then I guess you won't mind if I take a peak." He says.

You shoot up to your feet almost instantly and try to grab it back, only for him to hold it higher so you can't reach. "It's not for you!" You yell.

He scoffs and walks backwards. "But I thought it was nothing." He watches as you struggle to get a hold of it and laughs, ripping open the envelope and slipping out the paper. "Ooh~ is this a love letter?" He smirks.

The thought of this letter getting into someone else's hands makes purse your lips in a straight line and your breathing to unsteady. Through the tears in your eyes and blurry vision it's hard to see where the simple sheet of paper is and it's almost impossible to grab it back.

Kakashi laughs at you and holds it higher in the air as he squints his eyes to read it out loud. "Dear Obito."

"S-stop!"

"I've never actually written a letter before. So you're the first one to get one from me."

"I said stop!"

"Yesterday at the spot was really great."

"It- it's not funny!"

"But I have to tell you something. Something that I just realized. I'm pretty sure I lov-"

"KAKASHI STOP!" You scream at the top of your lungs with tears streaming down your face. Your raise of voice causes him to snap out of the reading and you finally grab the letter back. But when you get it in your hands—

you tear it to shreds.

You continue to rip the paper until you can't anymore and then stomp on the small bits until it's shriveled and no longer readable or possible to put back together. And when you finish that, you stomp away from the fields and go home.

You don't stop storming down the street until you get to your apartment and whip the door open, causing it to hit the wall and bounce back and slam shut.

The sudden noise causes your brother to pop out of his bedroom in alert but when he sees you slam your door closed and hears the sound of you screaming into your pillow, he calms down and follows behind you.

- - - - - -

"...Where's Y/N?" Obito asks Rin as he approaches the fields. He's usually the latest one of everyone there... so it's odd that you aren't there.

The girl shrugs and points her thumb to Kakashi, who's blankly staring at white dust and what resembles paper on the ground. "He said she felt sick so she left." Rin shrugs.

Obito sees what Kakashi is looking at and cocks an eyebrow as he approaches the only scrap of paper that's big enough to grab.

It's maybe three centimeters at most and the small edges have clearly been ripped apart. On the small paper is written 'I love y-' And it stops there, the rest being long gone with the rest of the non-readable and mashed up paper.

"What's this?" Obito asks.

Kakashi shrugs and walks off, while Rin hums in wonder and looks at it with him. "That's weird."

- - - - - -

You grip onto your pillow and kick your legs, screaming out of frustration. You're beyond embarrassed. You literally want to crawl into a hole and die. Writing that letter was scary enough, and the thought of giving it to him was even more horrifying.

But the fact that it got into Kakashi's hands and he was making fun of you is something you wouldn't have imagined.

You continue to scream into your pillow and kick your feet back and forth for what feels like forever until you just give up and go limp, letting out small groans.

"Y/N, what happened?" A familiar calm voice says from beside you. You grip the pillow and shake your head, not wanting to let anybody know about your embarrassment.

A comforting hand moves your hair to the side and turns your head, revealing your brother with a soft smile. "You know you can tell me anything... what happened?" He soothes, rolling his thumb across your cheekbone.

You keep your mouth zipped closed and harshly blink your eyes, not interested in your brother knowing about boy problems. Although, he isn't an idiot. The first thing that'll come to his mind, is, well- "Boy problems?"

You quickly decide to shift the subject to something else and shake your head. "I don't like being a secret from people. Why can't they know who I really am? I can show them that I'm a good person. I don't want to hurt anyone." You speak.

Hikaru parts his lips and creases his eyebrows, continuing to caress your skin and wipe away the tears you didn't know were falling.

"Anything is better than death, correct?"

"Yeah."

"So would you choose death? Or the path filled with blood?"

"...I don't want to die." You lean into his touch.

He smiles and nods his head. "Your life won't come easy. The real you must stay hidden as long as possible— because you'll be in danger if not. So remember, your last name and your marks are very private things that nobody is to find out until it's inevitable. Okay?"

You've actually went over this with him before. Countless times before. So as you usually do, you simply nod and look him in the eyes.

"Okay."