Perception is Key {41}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Gaining consciousness, throbbing pain pumps through your entire body, heavy ringing overtaking your hearing as you moan in pain quietly, attempting to sit up.

"Hey, hey take it easy." A voice instantly says, causing you to snap your eyes open.

Suddenly, another voice appears as your vision adjusts. "Hmm, she seems to kick away your energetic side. Maybe you're right and we should keep her so you can shut up sometime." The voice laughs, barely heard through the continuous loud ringing.

"Shut up, will ya! Just 'cause I'm being nice to a girl doesn't mean anything!" The sudden yell makes you cringe and fall back, groaning in pain.

A warm, gloved hand is immediately placed on your cheek, softly caressing your skin. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you."

This foreign yet non-foreign touch makes you pull away and open your eyes once more, revealing the ceiling of some underground lair-type area. There are multiple stalactites hanging from the top of the 'roof', letting you know you're in some sort of cave. A dark one for that matter.

You then look to the side and see a familiar orange mask, looking at you with his head tilted.

Only half understanding what's going on at the moment, you heavily blink your eyes and thickly swallow through your dry, scratchy throat. "Where's K... Kakashi?" You rasp.

Tobi visibly stops breathing and tilts his head even further, the caressing of your cheek slowing down. "Why do you want to know about him?" He asks, a bit threateningly though.

So much is going through your throbbing head at the moment that it takes quite a bit to answer his question. Such as; How did you get here? Where is Kakashi? Why is Tobi here? Is Kakashi okay?

So, you swallow again and blink just as slow as before. "Did I- did I hurt him? I need to... see Kakashi." You strain, small tears welling in your eyes both from pain and flashbacks.

But before you can get a single answer, your consciousness is lost and your eyes fall shut, your body going limp in this foreign place with a man you don't know.