Chess {25}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

As you approach the apartment, chills run up your spine. You don't blame him for moving away from his old home. The thought of living where your parent killed themself is- well- beyond depressing.

Although you did spend a good amount of nights at his old home when he did live there, considering sleepovers weren't allowed at your apartment with Hikaru.

Actually- they just weren't allowed with Kakashi. Say you were friends with Kurenai, she'd be more than welcome. Just never Kakashi.

As you approach the door, you carefully bring your hand to the door and purse your lips, debating if this is actually a good idea.

Because you've already decided what you're going to do with Kakashi. Now it comes down to starting the manipulation process... and making sure no feelings are returned.

"Whatever." You sigh and knock, shivering against the cold of night and subconsciously going to wrap your cloak around you, only to grab nothing. It's a bit annoying to be honest, you're much too used to wearing it for the past 10 years.

The small click of the door unlocks and it opens, revealing Kakashi. "It's late, I thought you wouldn't come." He says, a crease between his brows. It's true though, it is late.

Almost 10pm.

Truthfully, you forgot that he even asked. You were in the midst of another breakdown when you suddenly remembered.

You cross your arms and glance around at nothing. "Do you not want me here? I'm more than happy to
leave." You snap, accidentally.

The male is quick to open the door all the way and shake his head. "No, no come in. We really need to catch up." He sighs, moving over. You nod your head and step in, keeping your arms folded and staying very reserved, not wanting to touch anything.

He shuts the door behind you and walks toward the living room, you following right behind.

The home smells lonely— if lonely had a smell. But you aren't surprised. It's not a horrible assumption to think he doesn't spend much time at home. He's known to be a talented ninja, so he's probably on missions more often than not.