Forever and Always {52}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Warmth.

Light.

Breeze.

Your senses hit you in the face like a brick and you gasp, sitting up and snapping your eyes open.

Where am I?

As far as your eyes can see, it's nothing but seeming perfection. The sun is almost setting, but not moving an inch. This reflects off the overgrown grass all around and creates a gold filter over everything.

You're in a field with the warm sun hitting your skin— your skin that is perfect.

Your lifelong markings are gone. That charcoal and snow-ridden skin is no longer there and instead is just the beautiful complexion you were born with.

But bringing your dainty fingers to your cheek, you still feel the scar that was given to you years and years ago.

You suck in a gentle breath and find yourself smiling as you stand. If happiness were a scent, that's what this place would be. The grass, nature, and smell of sun feels almost rejuvenating.

Looking down, you see that your feet are bare. So you curl your toes against the grass and focus on how soft it is. It's not crunchy, or even a bit stiff. The golden-green grass is so very soft, decorated with tiny weeds and small colorful flowers.

But why is this place so comforting? You don't remember anything but bits and pieces as to why you're here. Did you die? Is this what the afterlife is? Or maybe you're still stuck on Earth, but in a very beautiful place.

Whatever it is, you're simply aware that there's a sense of familiarity surrounding you. But it's not the place you're in... it's something else.

Something else that you know.

Your lover is nearby. You hold his presence dear to your heart and it's warm for him.

Turning around on your bare heels, you begin walking. You aren't sure where, but your feet just march in a straight line toward the setting sun.

But you don't continue walking for long. The happiness is too strong and gives you the energy to run. Run through the tall grass in hopes of touching the person you yearn for forever and always.

Your bare toes crunch the grass and flowers below as the warm wind kisses your cheeks. The beams of sunlight intertwine into your hair as it whips behind you, leaving a trail of sweetness.

Your smile grows sweeter as you see a figure in the distance. There's no doubt in your beautiful mind that this is who you think it is.

He's running toward you as well. Not too fast, not in a rush, but also not slow. You're both going the same speed, love rushing through the air and tying your souls together.

In a matter of seconds, he's less than a mere foot away from you. And yet, you each don't stop. Although you both were running, your bodies meet and hit each other softly, as if he grabbed you and gently pulled you in an embrace.

Your arms are immediately thrown around his neck while his arms can be felt pressing your body to his as hard as he can. One hand is wrapped around your waist but gripping your shoulder, and the other is simply just around your waist.

Your toes are barely skimming the ground as you close your eyes and smile. You listen to the breaths of your lover and find that you each are breathing in sync.

And then, you hear his soft voice.

"Y/N." He speaks nothing but your name, his voice just as soft as it's always been.

You breathe in, completely surrounded by his scent, and hold that smell in your lungs to engrave it into your mind.

"Kakashi." You speak nothing but his name, your voice just as soft as it's always been.

As if it's a mutual agreement, you both pull back from the embrace— but your bodies and still pressed against one another. His thick, textured hands are cupping your face as you do the same to his face with your gentle palms.

His back is slightly bent so his forehead can rest against yours. His onyx eyes are seeping into yours with nothing but love and sentiment. His pink lips are framing his teeth with a smile— the most meaningful smile you've seen.

Love.

That's all that you feel.

"Are you ready?" He whispers.

You breathe in a small breath, smelling his own, and nod. There's no question as to what he's talking about, because you've always been good at reading him.

As to what he is speaking about: the next step.

"As long as I'm with you, I'll always be ready." You whisper with a smile.

He then pulls your face softly to his and greets your lips with his.

The kiss you share lasts forever as you're whisked away by the wind, leaving this place of perfection and staying connected with your lover—

forever and always.