The Unforgotten {18}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Your feet carefully bring you across the very old log and you step down on the other side, walking to the large rock and sitting on top of it. The sun is setting soon, making the scene around you a pretty orange and pink mixture.

You find yourself thinking of memories here and break out into small tears, looking at the stream and remembering Obito sitting there with a big leaf on his head, water suctioned into his goggles.

You then look down stream and see the fish in his hands, you running backwards and laughing.

You remember exactly how you felt that day. You were so, so happy. Those days were so calm, collected, and filled with excitement. No worries in the world except making sure you get home before the frogs croak.

You bring your legs up on the rock and look beside you in a small patch of flowers, remembering the moment you had with Obito; when you realized you were in love for the first time— and when he confessed his own love for Rin to you.

You quickly look away and stare at the stream that never stops moving, frogs beginning to croak and crickets starting to play their violins. But you stay still, tears running down your cheeks and onto your legs.

As you think of random memories, you get an odd feeling that you're being watched, but push that feeling away. You don't exactly care who finds you here. You're more focused on memory upon memory.

You suddenly get hit with a very strong scent that stops the tears all together. You recognize it immediately but can't pinpoint it.

It is so strong though. It's extremely comforting and smells almost what you would expect nostalgia to smell like.

But just as fast as it comes, it disappears and you're left with nothing, sniffing the air in attempts to find it, only smelling the faint scent of grass.