Memory Upon Memory {23}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"This is a good place." Kakashi says, nodding to a small tavern, low lighting emitting from the windows.

You nod your head and pull your sleeves down, covering your hands before opening the door and walking in, not holding it for the man behind you. But as soon as you walk in, you hear yells and laughs of Kakashi's name.

"Yo, Kakashi! C'mon, we have a seat for you!" A voice yells. Glancing over, you see quite a few people you recognize. Asuma, Kurenai, Guy, and Iruka.

Your heart beats a bit faster and you act as if you don't know them and head to the bar, taking a seat. There is no way you're speaking to any of them. It's not like you're staying in the village, you're just here to manipulate and kill. That's it.

Kakashi eyes you at the bar and then the four people waving to him, telling him to come over. Ultimately, he brushes them off and heads to you instead.

You see him approach in your peripheral vision and place your hand on the seat next to you, stopping him from sitting down. "Don't. They're going to come over here, I don't need that. Just leave me be." You state.

He begins to protest but with a firm shake of the head, he does as you wish, not wanting to make you uncomfortable in any way.

He just doesn't understand. He doesn't get as to why you're such a different person. Back in the teenage years, you wouldn't separate from him. Wherever he went, as did you. The two of you were quite literally inseparable.

But now it seems like the opposite. You're constantly walking away from him and never making eye contact.

He just wants to know what you went through.

"Who's that?" Asuma asks as Kakashi slides into the booth. The masked man shrugs and folds his arms. "Just someone." He sighs.

Iruka eyes the figure sitting alone at the bar and cocks an eyebrow. "Just someone?" Kakashi gives him a simple nod and bites the inside of his cheek. So, Iruka smiles and stands up. "I'm going to buy her a drink, you think she'll like me?" He asks with a smile.