A Little Bit of a Liar {12}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Bones throughout your body pop as you stretch in your sheets, waking up from a very uncomfortable sleep.

Last night was anything but comforting, replaying scream upon scream in your head. It's horrifying. It's been this way for a couple of weeks now. It only happens every couple of nights but nonetheless it's scary.

But now the sun is shining through your blinds, alarming you it's time to groggily get out of bed and head out to the training fields.

Which is exactly what you do. You shift onto your feet and change into your training uniform before heading to the bathroom and brushing your teeth.

"Y/N." Hikaru calls from the kitchen. You quickly finish up what you're doing and leave the bathroom, tying your hair back. He sees you walk in and hands you a plate of food. "Don't forget to-"

"Wrap it, I know."

You grab the plate and take a seat at the small countertop bar that separates the kitchen and the living room. He takes the seat next to you and examines your arm. It definitely makes him uneasy but he won't exactly say that out loud, knowing how much you hate it.

As you eat your breakfast you deliberately keep your eyes away from your exposed arm. You've refused to accept it. In your eyes, it's simply a sleeve. Every night you go in the shower and scrub your arm until your skin is peeling and blood rises to the surface.

But it still stays the same white and dark grey.

When you finish eating, you head back to the bathroom and go under the sink, pulling out bandages and hiding your shamefulness.

You begin humming a small tune and nodding your head back and forth, hiding every last sliver of your arm. The wrapping starts all the way from your wrist to your shoulder. Then grabbing smaller wraps, you start with your singular fingers and work your way down your palm.

It's become a ritual to do this every morning. Even if people may know of Akira, you don't care. You aren't hiding yourself for them.

You're hiding yourself for you. You hate your changed skin. It just reminds you of the evil parts of you.