21. Ghost's secret weapon

*Meanwhile*

Rosie paces back and forth in her room waiting for the signal from Galaxy. "I hope that everything is going well.” she says to her friends for the sixth time in as many minutes. 

Star tired of seeing her friend stressing out, stops her from pacing by grabbing onto her shoulders. “Rosie! I know you’re worried, but there is nothing you can do but wait, so stop wasting energy because this is going to be one hell of a long night and she can’t have you falling asleep in the middle of the mission.”

“You’re right,” Rosie sighs in defeat. “I just can’t help it. I just got her back after 5 years of her being away after she had someone else tell me she’s my sister, so I finally get to spend real time with her and now if one thing goes wrong, then she’s dead and I never get to know my big sister.”

Blue walks up and gives her a sympathetic hug, “I know it’s tough honey, but you’ve got to snap out of it for her sake.”

Rosie nods, before collapsing on the bottom bunk of her and Star’s bed. She lays there for a while before ultimately falling into a light sleep, but shoots up the second she hears a text message come in hitting her head on the top of the bed. The other girls giggle as she rubs her head for a second before turning to the phone. Each girl takes a deep breath before she opens the message, “It’s a smiley face, she sent it to several people. Looks like our operation is a go.” 

The group quickly exits the room being careful to avoid the cameras’ lines of sight as often as possible. When they reach their destination Tiger pulls out a lockpick set, getting to work on the door as the other three wait in blind spots keeping watch for any teachers who aren’t watching the graduation ceremony.

Once the door is open, Rosie rushes in, trading places with Tiger, so that she can sit at the computer. After waking up the computer she glances around her before she sees a sticky note under the desk with the user ID and password, but Rosie recognises that it was too easy and decides that she would just hack the system instead. There was too much at risk for her to fall into silly traps and ruin the whole mission for her sister. 

Plugging in her code was taking too much time, but she couldn’t afford to rush, so she just kept going at it till she made it through the firewall and was into the computer. “Hah, weak ass security for a school run by spies and assassins.” she mutters to herself. 

She puts all the cameras watching the outside of the school grounds and the cameras on the groups path to their next destination on loop before syncing the controls to her phone and leaving. 

The group then follows her as she walks through the school, when she stops suddenly the others run into her back. Rosie looks frustrated at where they are, "What the hell! She said they would be here! I don't even know who I'm looking for."

All of a sudden, a rope ladder appears in front of her. Looking up she sees a girl climbing down, so they take a step back to let her have space. When she reaches the floor Rosie looks at her trying to remember who she is. 

The Lioness notices and grinning introduces herself, "Lioness, Ghost's secret weapon."

"Wait I thought she killed you!" Star screamed out in a whisper.

Lioness smirks at the group before turning and walking down the hallway, "Send the signal, I'll be ready." 

Rosie pulls out her phone sending a thumbs up to the group, before chasing after the group. When they got to one hallway, Lioness split off her own way before Rosie’s group headed outside to find the reinforcements that Galaxy had waiting outside the school borders. 

They stalked as quietly across the grounds as possible while pretending to be out for a normal walk. They had started this pattern a few weeks ago in order to make others more comfortable with their presence wandering outside, so they didn't arouse suspicion. When they reached the slight wood surrounding the campus, Rosie took off at a run, eager to get back to see what was happening on Lioness's end of the plan. 

As they ran, they followed the markers they had left on previous outings to the meeting spot. Rosie pulled out her phone to double check the cameras were seeing what they wanted them to see. Satisfied that they were she looked up to see several men waiting for their arrival at the edge of the woods. If she hadn't expected them to be there she would have been slightly afraid of the men holding guns out at them. 

One of the men stepped forward admonishing the other men, "put your guns down it's just a bunch of children."

One of the younger ones scoffed at that replying, "have you forgotten how good she was when she was just about their age? I mean she almost killed him right after she left us and she was only 13 at that point." 

The others nod their head before the other young one steps forward, "I'm sorry to sound as douchey as them right now, but 'What is the most beautiful flower in the garden?'" He speaks the code that Galaxy came up with before the test began.

Rosie smirks at the reference in her reply, "A rose just bloomed under the morning sun."

Blue giggles at it, but Tiger groans out, "Great now that that's been established can we move on!"

The one who asked the question looks relieved to have it over with. Rosie rolls her eyes at Tiger's impatience, but moves on, "Alright well you are on our territory, so tell us your names first."

Some of them get annoyed looks in their eyes, but in recognition of their relationship with Galaxy they start. 

The younger one who asked the question steps forward again, "My name is Hector, I am the next Don of the greek mafia. This is my  brother Adrian, he's my second in command." He nods his head in a younger man's direction.

An older looking man steps forward, "My name is Zhang Wei, I am second in command of the chinese mafia. This is the third, Chen." He gestures to the man about his age next to him.

The next man steps forward, "I'm not allowed to share my name, G's orders, so call me Paul."

Everyone looks at him in shock, but Rosie just nods her head realizing what was happening and who he was within Galaxy's organization. 

The last two men step forward, "I am Shawn and this Ricky. We aren't allowed to say where we're from exactly till after G has told us."

After the last of them has introduced themselves, Rosie turns to her friends pointing to each and saying their code names before saying her own. The look of shock at the mention of her own name gave her a small sense of pride.

When the pleasantries were finally over the huge group got down to business. "You will be entering through the East with me," Rosie points to Hector. 

"I'll be taking the North with Zhang Wei." Star says with a serious voice. 

"I've got you and the west," Blue gestures to 'Paul'.

"Guess that means we're with Tiger in the South?" Shawn asks and Tiger nods boredly.

Everyone freezes when several phones all get a text at the same time, each face focusing on the message. Rosie groans out, "Did she really have to use that emoji?" After looking at the eggplant currently on her phone. All the men look at her surprised she knows what it means.she merely shrugs at the silent questions, "what we might be separated from the outside world, but Ghost did get us safe internet access and several streaming services."

A few seconds later they all receive another text with the nurse emoji and almost everyone lets out a collective sigh of relief. 

A/N
Sorry to leave you hanging again, but everything will be explained next chapter, which may take me a few days to write because I am super busy the next few days, but we'll see if I can knock out most of it tonight.