58. Scars

A/N this chapter gets very dark and has suicidal thoughts if you don't feel comfortable reading this I will be putting a short summary at the end.

Dream/memory

The Ghost's POV

Lonely. Sitting in the clubhouse all alone, that's how I feel. It's been 2 years since I was sent to this damned school. I haven't had a single person to talk openly to.

Tears start rolling down my face as I reflect on how abandoned I feel. Each group of 12 year olds do their best to take care of me, but I'm not allowed to talk to them about anything. When I try to bring up emotions or tell them what my name is they shut me down.

I just want someone to talk to! If I don't get someone soon, I might just end it all.

Suddenly, the sound of bus brakes screeching up to the main building can be heard all over the campus.

All of the students recognize the sound as the newest students arriving and excitement, sadness, and worry surround the students already there.

No one is more excited than me as I race towards the building to finally meet other girls my age who I can actually talk to. I get to choose my friends!

Studying each girl climbing out of the bus, I assess their potential, their skills, and their demeanor to see who would get along the best with me and challenge me.

One girl looks up shyly and waves at me. I immediately decide that she will be my first pick.

Suddenly a hand is covering my mouth and a teacher is whisper yelling in my ear, "You were told not to see them yet!" Then I'm dragged by my ear down the hall to the torture rooms.

The teacher then grabs a whip and a knife from the wall, cuts my shirt off my body, and secures me to the stocks. I know what's coming next so I do my best to separate my mind from my body, but it doesn't work. The moment the whip hits my skin a searing pain travels through my nerves. I do my best to hold in my screams of pain to stop him from hitting any harsher.

The teacher whips me until my back is in complete shreds. He stops to ask me if I'd learned my lesson, but the pain in my back is too much and I can't respond, so he continues whipping into the muscles exposed.

Eventually I blackout, but I had counted at least 50 whips to my skin beforehand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes flash open and I'm still in the stocks, but my back has been bandaged and I can hear soft voices talking behind me. I hold in any movements past my normal sleep and listen intently to what they say.

"She's the strongest we've ever gotten and she's only a 7 year old." The teacher who whipped me says.

"But she's a rebellious little thing isn't she. None of the other girls have fought us on the rules as much as she has." A different voice mutters.

"Still she managed to be awake for 53 whips to the back without groaning once. She could be the ultimate weapon. I mean she is the Banshee's daughter." The teacher replied.

"I don't care how ultimate she could be, if she continues this rebellious streak we may have to terminate her."

"Well now that she will have other girls her own age, maybe she'll be able to control herself better."

"Fine, when she wakes up take her to the orientation with the other girls her age and give her a strong painkiller. We don't want her scaring the other girls just yet."