47. The darkness

Galaxy POV

(Before the phone call)

I stand waiting, just out of sight of the base. The sky started letting tears fall soon after John went in, making everyone but me run to their cars for protection. I savor the sadness and anger of the earth that replicates my own emotions, planning the gruesome murder of each and every single person who hurt my family.

Today I shed the name of Ghost, it's too subtle for my plans. Today I will become a true demon killing with more hatred in my heart than even Satan has in his entire body.

Nothing worth living for by the Violent Femmes playing breaks me out of my reverie. It takes me a moment to realize that it's my phone ringing, but when I see the caller id I rush to pick it up.

"Are they safe? Are you out of there yet?" I yell the moment the phone is at my ear.

Stacy and Thea yell into the room they're in, "G? Is he actually safe?"

Holding back a sigh, I relish in this sadness for a moment longer. Wishing that Ashley hadn't just given them trust issues again.

Something in the energy of the call changes, but I'm not sure what. I'm still trying to come up with an answer that will make them feel safer with John, when I realize, there is no way he is not holding Mark right now in some way shape or form. "Yes girls he can be trusted. You are safe." I try to soothe them. "Just look at the way he's holding Mark, if this was a trap, he wouldn't be so gentle."

"How... How did you know?" He barely manages to stutter out.

I allow myself to laugh at his predictableness, but as I speak my voice gets more and more serious, "I sent you in after your boyfriend who we already knew had been beaten pretty badly. There was no chance in hell you weren't holding him right now."

I hear him chuckle lightly, but it quickly stops for some reason. I pause waiting for him to speak, but after he doesn't say anything else, I start asking questions, "Where are you right now?"

"We're still in the room they were being kept in. The girls didn't trust us and Rosie and Mark are both hurt pretty bad and are out of it right now. They're going to need emergency surgery the moment we get them to our doctor." He explains the situation to me.

I sigh through the phone before giving out commands, "Alright, get them out now. We'll start the assault the moment you're out of the building. I don't want them in the crossfire. Now take me off speaker."

It takes him a moment of what I'm guessing is resituating Mark until he can hold Mark and still have the phone to his ear, but also turned away from everyone else. "Ok you're off speaker." He tells me when he's done.

I immediately darken my energy, so the next words that come out of my mouth make all the blood drain from his face, "If either of the girls are injured in some way shape or form, I'll hurt you worse than I've done to my sperm-donor. And if Mark or Rosie dies, you will suffer the exact same injuries they have. I will not tolerate failure."

I hear him squeak out a "yes ma'am," and then I hang up the phone.

I spend the next 20 minutes pacing, anxious for them to be out of there sooner rather than later. It feels like it's taking them too long, they should have been out of there already.

Deciding that something is wrong, I make all of the people going in the front door with me get out of their cars and stand in the pouring rain with me. "Something is wrong, we may need to go in before they're out. Ruby, if that happens, I want you to use your training and make your way to them. If they're still at the exit point when you get there you have full clearance to kill the men with your most painful methods."