51. Le Renard

The Ghost's POV 

The stars twinkle in the night sky above me, as the city of lights gleams below me as I watch my newest target talk with two girls trying to convince them to come home with him. His attempts make me gag with disgust as I line up the shot of poison. It won't kill him right away, but he'll die before he can kidnap these girls and sell them on the black market. His goons are already dead in the get-away car, now I just need to take him out. 

As I raise my dart gun, the target falls to the floor with blood flowing from a wound in his head. Glancing around, I see a figure on the building next to me walking down the back steps with a rather large yoga mat on their back. 

Shit! I need to get out of here! 

I grab my own bag, racing down the fire escape to my room in the hotel down below and slip through the window. Then I stare at the commotion happening in the street as onlookers gather, watching the police examine the scene for clues they'll never find. However, I know who did this, Le Renard. He's a french assassin known for his cunning at avoiding the police and his slyness before dealing the death. 

I admire his skills, but that bitch has been a pain in my side for the last 3 years by stealing my targets and interfering with my attempts to save lives. Honestly I don't know what I did to make him angry, but hopefully he will go die in a ditch soon. I can’t afford anymore screw-ups before my reputation becomes shit. My name needs to be feared. 

I should have known taking a job in Paris would draw him out of the woodwork, but I need some extra funds for my new bank account, the girls are probably watching my old ones. I got myself a new set of identities once I left from someone recommended by my usual man. Now I’m Aurélie, a girl from a small town just south of the french border. 

When I see two officers enter the building looking for witnesses, I quickly turn to stash my weapon and pull on a wig. Then I grab some makeup disguising my face from anyone who might see me. Knowing that eventually they’ll knock on my door I turn off all the lights and lay in the bed hoping they pass my room by. Two hours later the officers walk out of the building after talking with the residents they could get to open their doors. 

The moment all of the commotion on the street is gone, I gather everything, leave the room key on a table, and jump out the window onto the fire escape once more. Climbing down as silent as a ghost, I disappear into the night. 

I travel for two days sleeping in the streets hiding among the homeless because no one ever looks too closely at a homeless person. They are too embarrassed by their own success and lack of help. Eventually, I made it to the northern border of France, close to Germany. Deciding that it’s time for me to throw them off my trail if they manage to track me down from Paris I take a flight to Italy. There I take one more job trying to earn more money. Changing my name once again, I become Viola. 

For the next few months I travel throughout the continent doing random assassinations as my services are asked for. Even with the name changes I still let one person, who only knows my alter ego, in each city know where I am, so that I get a steady stream of work. The girls don’t know who these people are, so they are always too late. 

Le Renard’s POV

I can’t believe that I let her get away! It’s been three almost four years that I’ve been chasing this bitch and not once have I had as good a chance at getting her as in Paris, but no! I just had to protect those girls from that douchebag who has been kidnapping for years. 

Getting my revenge on her has been my life’s purpose since she killed my father. He was a good man stuck in a crappy situation. A man had kidnapped my mother and was holding her hostage until my father had killed 20 women and brought their corpses to him. Unfortunately, before he could finish his task, the Ghost killed him right in front of me. She murdered him without even giving him a chance. Then I found out my mother had been in on it and she was never in any danger at all. She was my first kill. 

After witnessing the soulless look in her eyes as she killed my father, I decided that someone has to protect the world from this monster. She needs to be punished for every life she's stolen unjustly from this world. I’ve been chasing the Ghost ever since. Each kill she made I was there doing my best to protect the innocent from her wrath. 

She's been rather quiet the last year, but she's planning something. Now she's been popping up everywhere. Every time I catch wind of her in a city, there's a slow almost undetectable murder that's taken place. The whole continent is terrified that she'll be killing them next and they don't even know who she is other than the G she leaves with every victim. The last time she was this active was during the spree that killed my father. 

The Ghost will pay… by my hand. I will avenge anyone who was unjustly killed by her… including my father.

A/n
Soo... what do you think about Le renard?

Is he the love interest or the new villain???

If you have any ideas for the love interests name post them here I honestly can't decide.