40. G! Don't!

Galaxy's POV (While Mark is still looking for her)

Ugh this work is never ending! I finish with one thing and then 10 more pop up without warning! I swear if I don't get it finished now then it will become even bigger the moment I come back and I will never finish everything! I just hope that this elephant sized pile of work gets smaller at some point soon or my brain will literally explode and I will shut down for everyone. That cannot happen right now. Everyone is relying on me. I just hope I don't let them down.

After I finish up with one piece of work I rub my temples trying to relieve the headache that is forming. Breathing in slowly and letting it out I do my best to make the pain go away. Eventually the stabbing pain recedes enough for me to return to my work, but it comes back full force as someone slams the door open.

Mark pants in the doorway trying to catch his breath before speaking, "Oh thank God. I thought you had heard the news already and disappeared on me." He speaks with the relief clear in his voice.

I tilt my head to the side confused, "Heard what?" I let a bit of accusation drip into my voice.

He hears the accusation, but refrains from telling me what I need to hear. "Give me a minute before I tell you, we are going to need some drinks first." He calmly breathes out.

I glare at him, "It is only 8 o'clock in the damn morning there is no way in hell I'm drinking right now!"

He just nods his head with a simple reply, "I need one so you're just gonna have to follow me to hear what this is all about." After he finishes talking he walks out of the room, leading the way to the bar in the house putting his thumb on the lock pad, to get into the room. I keep it locked so the underage kids in my organisation don't get any stupid ideas. I know I'm technically not legal, but let's just say that I've earned the right to drink after all of the shit at that school.

He pours us both a drink before sitting down on the lounge. I glance at his serious expression as he chugs the entire glass in one go and then pours himself another.

I can't handle it anymore, "What the hell is going on!"

He shakes his head seriously, "Damn, how the hell do I even start?" he mutters to himself. Looking up at me, he takes a deep breath before slowly starting the story, "Alright so, yesterday Mom and Dad found out that we had left right? Well there are several stories about what happened after that. The one our sperm-donor is telling everyone right now is that she ran away after she found out and is now missing. He even has some men out looking for her."

I can already tell this isn't going to end well, but I gesture for him to continue as I knock back the glass he poured for me and pouring myself another as well.

He clears his throat, "Well he's telling another story to those that know some of what's going on and it's not going to help us at all. He's telling them that she was talking about killing you so they fought and he managed to kill her before she could kill you."

My anger surges through my veins like lava, but I know that the worst is yet to come, so to release it slightly I stand up, chug my drink, and chuck the glass all the way across the room where it shatters against the wall. Then I sit down and tell him to continue.

"Well I'm sure that you know what I'm going to say next, but the truth is that she was fighting with him, he brought up killing you, and she started to defend you, so he threw her down the stairs where she cracked her head open and bled to death." Mark finishes talking while taking a swig from his glass.

Standing up angrily, I shove the whole couch back before I stalk towards the door. Mark rushes to get in front of me blocking the doorway, but I brush past him.