57. Jacques

Third Person POV

An old man sits waiting for his phone to ring. It's not often that his grandson wants to talk to him, but it definitely makes his days a little better.

As the clock keeps ticking he gnaws on his fingernails anxious to hear his grandson's voice again.

Ring! Ring!

He jumps onto the telephone answering as if he would lose the call if he didn't pick it up right away. "Hello."

"Grandpa! How are you?" A cheerful male voice answers the phone.

"I'm doing good, Jacques my boy. Tell me how's everything going for you? Have you found yourself a girl yet?" The old man laughs heartily.

Jacques scrunches his nose at the question, "No, I told you I don't want a girlfriend right now. Work's too crazy for me to think about finding a girl."

"Well don't wait too long. I need to see my great grandkids before I die!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever grandpa." Jacques rolls his eyes.

Sitting back in his chair, the old man takes a deep breath, "I just want to see you happy son. You throw everything you have into that company, but you can't see what you're missing out on in life. Sure you can afford cool stuff, but when was the last time you took a breath and just enjoyed the people around you?"

"I get it. I do, but the people around me are such idiots!"

"Then find smarter people to surround yourself with. Son, I love you, but sometimes you're the biggest idiot of them all." The old man sighs. "So how's your brother doing? Is he still working for that damned fashion company?"

"I'm not really sure to be honest. I heard that they all got fired the other day when the new owner walked through a few days ago, but I haven't been able to reach him."

"Well shit, if you don't get a hold of him soon you might need to go chase him down. You know your brother, he won't accept help until it's forced upon him."

"Fine. I have a meeting with his new boss next week. I'll check in on him then." Jacques sighs in defeat.

"Well, I love you Jacques. Talk to you soon?" The old man asks with this hint of hope in his voice that Jacques can't ignore.

"Yeah I'll call you after I find Tyler. Love you Grandpa." Jacques calls as he hangs up the phone.

The moment the call is disconnected Jacques groans in annoyance. Talking to himself, "I love ya grandpa, but you need to learn how to mind your own damn business. Tyler's fine. He can handle himself better than you could ever imagine." Of course he'd never tell him that.

Returning to his work, Jacques sits in his office till 3 am going through contracts, design plans, and the occasional emergency meltdown by an employee.

A/N

So I promised this chapter earlier, but as luck would have it I was kidnapped by my own grandpa.

Who is Le Renard?

Tyler

Or

Jacques

Vote now!

Also you were warned it was gonna be short! (But I'm sad its so tiny too! I write this as I'm posting so I learn what's happening at the same time you do.)

See you in the next chapter!