72. I promise

Three years later

Galaxy's POV

"Mmmm girl you look hot in that dress!" Jasmine giggles as I stare at myself in the mirror.

I grin at her, "Well it's me. Did you expect anything else?"

"I'm still jealous you picked Rosie over me to be your maid of honor." Paris huffs.

My little sister turns to glare at her, "She chose the best, don't be jealous."

I butt in before an hour long argument starts again, "I chose her to sign the papers, you to do the bachelorette and Jasmine to protect the ring. No one here is the full maid of honor so stop trying to start a fight."

"Fine." They huff simultaneously.

But Thea, Stacy and Ruby all whine, "we didn't even get one of those!"

"Sorry," I shrug sheepishly.

Going back to my reflection, I smooth down the gown letting out a deep breath.

Today is the day. I finally get to marry my saviour.

I feel one of them walk up to me, but I don't even register who it is.

"It's time." Someone says as they peep their head into the room.

My sisters leave for their trek down the aisle, and I breath deeply. This is it. When I return, I will be his wife and he will be my husband.

Damn that bastard found a way to claim me. Whatever, he knows that no one could ever fully claim me.

A knock on the door tells me it's time, and I find Mark waiting to walk me down the aisle. He's looking dapper, in a suit, but tears are gathering in his eyes.

"I'm so proud of you." He whispers quietly in my ear as we wait for the music to start. "After everything, you still let yourself be loved and never stopped loving others. I love you." Placing a kiss to the top of my head he leads me to my man.

Tears are already threatening to fall from my eyes from Mark's speech, so when I lock eyes with Tyler and he is sobbing, they fall like a hurricane.

The priest does his thing and then Tyler starts his vows.

"Galaxy, you came into my life when I was completely lost. My only goal in life was to kill the Ghost for what you did to my Dad, but thank God I didn't know who you were at that point. Because I got to see you. Not the Ghost or Rogue or even Gaia, I saw G. The girl who was hiding behind all these aliases trying her hardest to protect her friends without letting herself get hurt again. I saw when you got lost in a memory, good or bad, and the effects of waking up from nightmares every night. There was this darkness that you let surround you, but I could the brightest spark when you let your mask slip even just a little but. You drew me in and made me want to kindle that spark into a raging flame.

"Then we both ended up stuck with your family. I could see how badly you wanted to stay, but protecting them came first. This was my first time experiencing a true family and it made me jealous that there were so many people who loved you enough to try and lock you in a room till you agreed to stay with them. But then, you made me stay. Watching each of them come forward to give you their move was earth shattering for me. So when I found myself alone with you at the bar, I drank all the liquid courage I could and told you my story. I fully expected you to reject me after that, but you didn't. You told me your own story and I couldn't have been happier, so I stole a kiss, then ran away so you wouldn't kill me.

"In that first year I watched as you blossomed and this spark grew to be a burning sun. You changed my entire outlook on life. You gave me a reason to exist other than killing. You took a chance on me, and I thank God every day that you don't regret it. Since then I've watched as you made it past so many milestones and built your own dreams.