39. He's...

Rosie's POV

Somethings going on. Mark left last night and he didn't get back until this morning. I know it wasn't a booty call because he was pissed when he left and depressed when he got back. All I could get out of him was that he'll tell me about it later. I was not happy with that answer, so I followed him. When he stopped at Galaxy's door, I knew this had something to do with our "creators" he would have told me otherwise and it's centering around G yet again. He stands there for a minute but she never comes out, so he walks away cursing.

I want to follow him more, but if I do, I'll be caught, so I turn around walking to find my little brother. He has been a little sad since we left our "creators" mansion, so we are each taking turns entertaining him.

The other day Paris was left in charge of him and they decided to put a bucket full of worms in the door to the kitchen, so that the next person who came in was covered in them. Unfortunately for them, G was next and she almost killed her. It took me and Jace being all cute and acting like babies for her to let go.

I find Jace laying in bed staring at his tablet watching some show. Honestly I hate that he's allowed to freely watch all of this stuff considering I couldn't. I had to hide in the clubhouse whenever I wanted TV and he just gets to openly watch it whenever and however he wants. Not fair, I internally pout.

Rolling my eyes at myself, I walk into his room snatching the tablet from his grasp. "If you can go the whole day without using anything connected to the internet, I'll find a way to give you ice cream after school tomorrow." I challenge him.

Jace looks at me with a glare, "Mark already promised me ice cream tomorrow, so no." He makes a grab for his tablet but I hold it out of his reach still. Getting off the bed he tries to get a different angle to grab it, but I dance around the room avoiding his reach.

I get tired of avoiding his grasp after a couple of minutes, so I put my hand on his head and keep him at bay like that. "Ok fine, I will do you one favor."

Freezing he looks me in the eyes, "What's the catch?"

Looking down at the floor, I reply in a soft voice, "you can't make me hurt someone."

Jace replies in a serious voice giving up on reaching the tablet, "I could never make you do that." He slips around the hand that is still out stretched to keep him at bay and hugs me. Before I know it my hands have slipped around him too, but after a second he turns in my arms grabs the tablet, breaks out of my arms and bolts. "Emotions distract sis."

Screaming in frustration, I sit down on his bed. Honestly, Jace has hated me since I got back. He is constantly doing stuff like this to me where I show him just a little hint of my pain and he hurts me more. He hasn't done it in front of anyone else, but I'm just tired of him. He is a little brat and I'm scared that the sperm donor corrupted him more than Mark knows, especially considering what he said before he ran off.

Deciding that it's time to get ready for school, I go to find Jace to make sure he gets ready as well. Once everyone is downstairs and ready, we hop in two separate cars. One has to drop Jace off at the elementary school and the other gets to go straight to the high school.

G made sure that when we left the mansion, we could stay at the same school for some stability, so it's a longish drive there. The entire drive I kept thinking about what is going on with my siblings. With Mark acting weird, G not being home, and Jace being such a brat, sometimes I feel like I just don't belong anywhere within this weird siblingship.

I think the girls can tell I'm overthinking again, but I won't tell them unless they ask, so I stare out the window for the rest of the drive.

Once we get to school we all head to our first class together. (G made sure that our schedules are exactly the same so that we can protect each other.) The hallways are crowded with people talking and waiting for the minute warning bell before walking into their classrooms, so when we slip into our class only the loner kids are sitting at the desks.