27. Domino, Jackson

"Should we go after her?" Mark asks worriedly as he watches his sister storm out of the room.

"Just give her some time to cool off. Things got really bad at one point and he just brought all of those memories up. I don't think she wants people seeing her like this." Ashley says placing a calming hand on his shoulder.

Mark nods his head turning to look at his littlest sister. When he sees the sadness etched onto her face, he realizes that Ashley's right. "Well I better go home. I've got to convince my parents to go out to dinner. I should probably check on Jace too. He's been confused since we had that big fight yesterday." Mark does his best to convince himself that Galaxy's fine, while walking out the door. When he gets into his car he speeds off, knowing that the only thing that will clear his mind is the rush from speeding down a busy road weaving in and out of people.

The group he left in the room, turns to the couple and silently decides together to just pay the couple off and let them leave after threatening them with death if they ever speak of what happened. They then move the boy's body to the shed outside, so that Galaxy's people can take care of it later.

The second Mark gets home, he goes to the kitchen to make sure the chef doesn't make dinner, then he heads to find his mother. He finds her in the gym punching at a bag and bobbing away from imaginary fists. Walking up behind her, he leans on the boxing ring in the middle of the room, observing her for a while. When he finally can't take it anymore he speaks up with a joking attitude, "Damn, what did that punching bag ever do to you?"

She jumps away in shock, "Oh Mark," she says holding a hand to her heart as if to calm it. "How long have you been there honey?"

"Long enough," he shrugs, not caring about insulting his mother.

She nods her head, "well is there something I can help you with dear? Otherwise I'd rather get back to my workout if you don't mind." She turns back to the punching bag getting into position not caring if her son actually wanted to talk or not.

"Just make sure you're ready for dinner tonight. I got us reservations at your favorite place." Mark says turning to leave. "Oh and let Jackson know too." He calls over his shoulder.

Domino looks sad at the mention of his father by name. She was hoping that he had come to his senses and was going to forgive them. Once he had exited the gym she turned back to the punching bag, hitting even harder than she had before. She wanted to take out all of her frustrations before she was faced with her husband and sons at dinner. Hoping to appear as a calm and confident mother to her sons after such a tragic loss. Of course, her youngest didn't know about it, but it caused enough of a rift that he knows something is up.

Mark makes a stop when he finds one of the maids, telling her to arrange the rooms for the girls that are coming to stay that night. Then Mark heads for Jace, hoping to explain what's going to happen tonight to him beforehand, so he doesn't ask too many questions.

He enters Jace's room after knocking on the door, "Hey bud what are you doing?"

Jace turns around very seriously, "Trying to find a way to make you all happy again!"

The shock of his claim sends Mark through a loop. He hadn't realized how much his fight with his parents had affected his little brother, and he knew he had to make it up to him.

"Alright I think you and I need to have a talk." Mark says moving to Jace's bed. He turns off the baby monitor his mom keeps in the room for safety, and sits down, patting the spot next to him.

Jace looks confused, but sits down anyways, glancing up expectantly at his big brother. "What's wrong?"

"Well you remember how sometimes, mom gets really sad and I tell you that it's because the day is important to someone, but we can't be with them?"