60. Rebrand

The Ghost's POV

Relentlessly, I tap my foot, hoping the constant movement can relax my over active mind. A noise outside my office distracts me from my thoughts just long enough to hear Tyler leaving the office. 

Finally, now I can do some research without being interrupted. The idiot hasn't stopped trying to get me to talk to him since he told me to kill myself. Granted he doesn't know that I am the Ghost, but still. I had literally just had an episode and was telling him about my upbringing when he decided that he should say the words she should kill herself.

Turning to my laptop, I pull up the email I received from my PI about a note I got before I left them.  

G,

I looked into that note, but the only people who knew of your connection to the Banshee were faculty at the school and your sister and your friends. There's either a survivor or a traitor among them. 

Good luck.

Shit! I need some release soon. I guess I could visit him, but I was hoping to lay low just a little while longer. 

Fuck! I bang my head on the desk in frustration. They are moving too fast. I wanted more time to fix myself before I have to go back to being the fucking guardian angel again. 

You know the sad part about what I'm doing to myself right now? I know that my head is fucked up, I know that these thoughts about how weak and useless and disgusting aren't right, but I can’t stop the effect they have on me. Each time these words run through my head I feel myself believing them more and more. How do you fight your own thoughts that you've drilled into your mind again and again? I've done everything in my power to strengthen myself against it, but my mind has made me it's prisoner and escape is almost impossible. 

A noise coming from outside my office tells me Tyler has returned, so my face immediately turns stone cold. I can't let him see how much he has affected me. 

Returning to my work, I start going through possible leads on who could have threatened me, but there are only 6 people alive that it could have been and none of them are stupid enough to actually go against me. Maybe I need to start actively hunting them down. 

10 minutes later a knock on my door breaks me out of my reverie, so I quickly change my screen to some designs before shutting the laptop. Then I don't verbally respond, I merely press a button to open the door and actively ignore Tyler's presence. 

"Ma'am your 3 o'clock is here." Tyler timidly calls into the room from the doorway. 

I wave a dismissive hand, while writing something down in a notebook to appear busy. I glance up slightly when a man who looks quite similar to my assistant walks in. 

Interesting, so he set up an appointment with his brother's boss. I wonder if he'll be smarter than the fucking dumbass I hired. 

Once the door closes, I finally give him a good once over as I raise my hand to shake his. He does the predictable she's a girl I should charm her thing and kisses the top of it instead, but looks shocked that I yawn in boredom afterwards.

"Let's skip the pleasantries shall we?" I raise my brow at him in challenge, but he merely nods. "What exactly is it you want from me and my company?" 

Quickly schooling his annoyance the man nods his head while pulling a folder out. "I heard that you want to rebrand this company and I was hoping for a collaboration on a new project I've been working on."

I quickly flip through his folder hoping to find something the least bit intriguing, but it's all the same shit that's already been done before. "So your whole plan is to make a new line of princess dresses and hope that it's not an overdone thing?" I scoff at everything he's shown me.