Chapter 8: HIS PAST

Taehyung's POV

" Jungkook has gone through a lot and it is a big story. Are you really willing Tae?" Jimin asked me again. I breathed out and nodded in response. Now I wasn't going to back down after I had given them a hope for something even I don't know about.

" Well, it happened when he was 5. We were quite a happy family. But it didn't last long. Someone attacked our kingdom. They tortured our mother in front of us. They even raped her in front of our eyes" Jimin said and I could feel his throat getting dry.

" I-I am s-sorry, because of me you had to remember all that again," I said cursing myself. I didn't want to open his wounds again and if that meant to kill my curiosity, I'll happily do so. 

" You don't have to say sorry, I am fine," He replied back softly, " Mother died due to it and father couldn't do anything. He wanted to save her but he couldn't. He felt a worthless father and husband when he couldn't save his own wife. He couldn't marry anyone else in the fear of that, but his hands were tied. The ministry were all behind him to get down the thrown if he couldn't rule the kingdom without a queen by his side. After 6 months he married a princess, Minyoung. And she became our mom."

Jackson interrupted Jimin's story. " Queen Minyoung was kind to all the 3 sons. She decided to not give birth for the three of them. But Jungkook was too small to understand the situation. He couldn't accept the fact that his mother died and his father couldn't even protect her. He was enraged when his father married someone else. He thought that Queen Minyoung was taking his mother's place."

" What made the situation worse was father started critical training of Hoseok hyung and Jungkook. I requested him that I don't want to learn warfare and after a lot of begging he agreed. Father didn't give much love and attention to them, he just wanted them to be strong enough so they wouldn't face the same thing as he did. But he forgot that they were still kids. Hobi hyung was at least a little older, but Jungkook? He was a kid. He got totally exhausted for the training but never talked to us about it. He had stopped interacting much since then but father was too blind to notice it. He just wanted them not to feel the same way he did, worthless," Jimin said.

" But in all of this, he failed to notice that Jungkook started hating him. He thought that his father forgot the fact that his mother was brutally tortured and murdered by someone. He started being alone. He started training harder. He wanted to kill that person who did that to his mother. After their training, King Seojoon divided his territory into 2 parts. Hoseok hyung managed his territory well. Jungkook decided to expand it more. He wanted to be stronger so that when he will meet those people, he will torture them with his own hands, just like they tortured his mom," Jackson finished.

I didn't know why but my heart was hurting too much at this. I felt so proud of his to even survive all of this alone.

" That's- That's terrible! I-I would never be able to feel his pain but now I know the reason for his behavior." I said sadly, " But why do his own people hate him?" I feel so sad and hurt for him, he went through so much and still the people hate him.

" They do not hate him Taehyung. They fear him. They think that he has killed so many kings, so many soldiers at such a young age that he must be a monster. And what makes it worse is that he never visited them. He never talked to them." Jackson said.

" This is our past Tae. This is his story. The reason for his sadness and rudeness. We hate it when he doesn't show his feelings to us. He has bottled up his feelings. He thinks them as his weakness. But after all, we are the reason for it too, aren't we?" Jimin chuckled bitterly," The Prince and Princesses which came here to marry him never thought about him. They either wanted power and wealth or wanted to keep their kingdom safe from Jungkook." Jackson said with a sigh.

I wasn't a saint to solve everyone's problem, but there was an inner urge to see King Jungkook happy. I wanted to see how he would be when he would smile or talk happily. He looked like a rabbit, so would his smile be a bunny smile?

" I know what I have to do now," I told them.

" Really?" Jimin asked me with surprise. " I trust you. If you try your best, you can sure get to talk to him. He isn't that crue-"

" Trust..." I interrupted his words. I looked at him crying dramatically again, " I have to gain his trust first! I don't want a sword near my neck as soon as I meet him!"

*****

Meme Time

Umm 😂😂😂

Umm 😂😂😂