Chapter 14: PEOPLE'S KING

Jungkook's POV

I fluttered my eyes open at the sun's light shining brightly down the window on my eyes. I stretched a bit and got up and found myself in Taehyung's room.

What am I doing here? Confused, I thought to myself.

Then I remembered all the events that happened yesterday night. I don't even remember when I have slept this peacefully. He truly did some magic on me, didn't he?

I got up, went to my room, and completed my morning routine. I got to know that it was already afternoon. I did my routine and went for lunch.

" You didn't have your breakfast today. Where were you?" Hoseok hyung asked just as I entered the dining room.

" I overslept today," I replied back and sat down on my seat.

" Maybe that's why you don't look like a panda now," Jimin hyung mumbled but I could still hear it.

I raised my eyebrow at him. " You said something?"

" Haha did I?" He laughed awkwardly making others chuckle at his childishness.

I shook my head and looked at Taehyung who smiled back at me.

" Oh..... Taehyung has done something, has he? I see." Jimin teased and Taehyung blushed.

" I-Its nothing like that Jiminie." He stuttered, feeling shy and for the first time I felt as if no one should see this cute side of his other than me.

" Well, kookie I wanted to talk to you," Taehyung started, changing the topic.

" Kookie? Baby bear you call him kookie?" Prince Yoongi asked and I could clearly see he didn't like it that much.

" He does," I replied back to his question casually.

" I will call you Kookie too!" Jimin hyung exclaimed.

" I do not give you the permission to call me that," I announced sternly, making him whine on his place. Typical Jimin hyung.

.

.

.

It was after lunch that Taehyung told me to select a dress suitable for showing common people. I did as he said. He also chose a dress for him.

I asked whether he could help me with sleeping today too. It felt like too much but finally being able to sleep felt nice. He nodded, promising that he will leave soon after I sleep and I nodded, chuckling that I trusted him.

At night before I went to sleep, he told me he wanted to tell me something.

" Kookie tomorrow we are going to meet your people." He said. I was going to nod at first but then I realized what he said.

"What do you mean Tae? You don't know how scared they are of me!" I exclaimsd in shock. I can't... I won't go meet them ever. If they think I am a monster, so be it.

" Have you ever tried knowing why they think that?" He asked me back. Not getting any reply from me, he shook his head. " That's why we need to go there and see if-"

" I'm not going with you," I interrupted him. He frowned at that. But then I saw him smirking to himself. This Prince has something bad going on his head, doesn't he?

" Kookie, I am gonna use my second wish. Obey me and visit the kingdom people with me." He said, getting proud of himself.

For the first time I ever felt I had made a wrong choice granting him any three wishes. I sighed. How could I now go back on my words? He had fooled a King, how smart.

" Okay, I will join you,"

" Good! We will get ready early morning and go to meet your people!" He exclaimed happily.

" Fine," I said, sighing again.

----------Timeskip----------

The next day just as Taehyung had said, we set off to meet the people of my kingdom. I didn't want to go, but then I would've been childish to show my fear to meet them.

We took 3 soldiers with us along with Yeonjun. As soon as we reached there and walked through the roads, I could feel the environment around getting silent. Only a few distant hushes could be heard.

Glancing at a few people, I could see fear in their eyes. I remembered the question Taehyung asked me yesterday. What is the reason they are scared of me?

 One little boy bumped into Taehyung. " I am sho sowwy pwince." He said. Tae smiled brightly at him and picked him up. " Where are your friends? I am lonely. I wanna play too!" He exclaimed and the little boy smiled with excitement.

" Weally?"

Tae chuckled, nodding at his question.

The little boy pulled him towards his friends. He introduced us to them and soon they all started playing with them.

Taehyung pulled me into their childish games too and even if I rejected his offer at first, I followed his lead soon after.

My awkwardness was obvious to him so he pulled me away from them.

" Why are you so awkward!? Treat them as your family!" He whisper-yelled and gave me a little push towards them again.

Maybe he forgot that I was a king.

Breathing out once, I went towards them again. Slowly I understood the rules of their games and started enjoying with them.

I could see the surprise on the people's faces. I looked at Taehyung who gave me a thumbs up And mouthed me to be myself. To do whatever I wanted.

And I did. I talked to the older people. I talked to the people about their problems. I joked and laughed with them. Atleast now I could finally feel they won't see me as a danger. I knew there still was a lot to improve, but this first little step would take me towards my goal of my people finally trusting me.

Yeonjun said that it was now time to leave. Their sad faces of us leaving made me promise of giving them a visit again someday.

Going back to the castle, I thought about everything this one guy had changed. Words wouldn't be enough to thank him just like that.

Now a marriage with him did not sound as bad as it was before. I would be proud to marry someone like him.

I glanced at him once at it was clear.

I want to marry him.

*****

Meme Time