Chapter 20: CANNOT ACCEPT YOU

Jackson's POV

I had decided to go talk with mark after I took some help from Taehyung. He told me all about Mark these past few days. He also thinks that Mark loves me back.

I told Mark to meet me in the library. Initially I had decided that the castle gardens would be more romantic but I wanted people might see us there. And I am really shy about confessing in front of people.

Finally, he entered the library and started looking for me, walking towards me as soon as he saw me.

" You called me Jackson?"

" Yes, I did. Well...hi! How are you!" I started and knew I came off utterly dumb.

" Uh- I'm fine?" He replied back awkwardly.

" U-Um I wanted t-to say something to y-you," I started with all the courage I had. Telling your feelings to someone is so harder than being an adviser and left hand to the king!

He sighed. Wait— Did he just sigh!? Why the heck would he sigh!?

" I... I know what you want to say," He said.

"Y-You know?" I asked him hesitantly.

" Jackson I know you love me." He said. He knows!

" L-Look Jackson. I-I feel the same for you." He took a deep breath. " I love you too. But... " He stopped, not continuing further

" But? You love me and I love you too. Then what's the problem?" I asked him impatiently.

" You don't understand Jackson. You are King Jungkook's left hand. You are his Royal adviser. And I am the Army General. We both have important places in our kingdom. If we want to take our relationship a little further then either you have to leave Jungkook or I have to leave the general's place. And I cannot do that. The King himself helped me by training me with Prince Yoongi even though I was not a royal! I cannot back down and tell him that ' Your Majesty, I love someone. Sorry I have to leave the palace'!"

I know what he said was the truth. I cannot leave Jungkook's side and he cannot leave his place. But then what about our feelings?

" But what about our love? Isn't it important too?" I asked him desperately.

" Jackson, I don't know what to do. I... I am sorry." He looked down apologetically and started walking away.

" WAIT!" I exclaimed as I held his wrist making him stop and turn around to md.

" W-What if I leave my place and come with you?" I asked him.

He looked at me in disbelief. " What!?" He questioned me back as he pulled out his wrist from my hand.

" I said wh-"

"Stop right there Jackson. King Jungkook needs you. W-We cannot be selfish for our love."

All I could do was look at him defeatedly. It felt like I had lost him even before getting him.

" Jackson, We cannot accept each other."

Soobin's POV

I am currently going to the garden. Yeonjun said he wants to talk to me. To be honest I sometimes cannot understand this man. When I go and talk to him, he acts formal. When I talk to others, he gets jealous. Sometimes he pushes me away even when I can see he enjoys my company and now suddenly he wants to talk to me.

What does this mean want!?

I found him in the garden, facing in another direction. Walking towards him with a grin adorning my face, I tapped his shoulder.

He turned around.

" Oh- Prince Soobin!" He said and bowed in respect.

This man- I never knew I can hate someone being formal with me.

I kept my calm and started talking. " I have told you so many times to call me just Soobin. And why did you call me here?"

" I prefer to call you Prince Soobin." His answer made me sigh.

" And I called you to say something important."

I furrowed my eyebrows but then a hope bloomed in my heart. Does he want to propose to me?

" Yes please speak." I told him and tried hard not to be too giddy about this. It might be about some other matters too.

" Prince Soobin, please stop following me around. From your gestures, I think that you have fallen for me. But we cannot be together. You are a Prince and I am an army General. It is unacceptable, Prince." He said.

My smile dropped instantly at that.

" What do you want to say Yeonjun?" I asked him again, this time desperately hoping he was just lying about this.

But I watched him breathe out as he spoke those heartbreaking words.

" I cannot accept you. I cannot accept us."

*****

Hey guys! How do you think this chapter is? I have completely given this chapter on Markson and Yeonbin. I hope you love it.

Meme Time

Well.....It's not new for Vkook stans now, is it?