Chapter 11: FAMILY UNITED

Taehyung's POV

As soon as I told him to sit down, he looked at me confused. Nevertheless, he sat. " Tell me what happened," I said. He widened his eyes. "How did you know?" He asked as if I knew some magic.

" I can tell by looking at your face that you want to say something. Now go ahead," I told him. 

" Well.....after I shouted at you, for which I apologize once again, I went to my room and thought if I should talk to my father or not. I mean.....I never gave him a chance to explain. I am confused right now." He said.

Wait did he just say that he thought over to talk to his father? Now I am confused if I am really talking to King Jungkook. I cleared my throat once.

" You should talk to him. It's better late than never. If you solve the misunderstanding, you will have less regret later. Go right now!" I said quickly in excitement. I never knew I could ever feel this happiness bringing a family closer.

" You are right. Thank you so much Tae, I will go to his room right now!" Jungkook said and smiled at me softly.

I could feel my heart beating faster just at that. Was I getting too whipped for this guy that this small action is making me head over heels for him?

" Y-You shout go quickly now," I stuttered because if he stared at me longer, I could have blushed for real.

Jungkook's POV

After talking to Taehyung, I felt good. He is right. I don't want to regret it later. I paused in my tracks. I was not acting like a king right now, was I? Listening to some prince's advice over my family. I sighed. Maybe I can try talking for once.

I knocked on the door as soon as I reached father's room.

" It's me," I said, clearing my throat, feeling awkward to even stand in front of his room after so many years.

" Come in!" His voice came after a few seconds and I could just tell that he was shocked at my presence here.

" I want to talk to you," I said, looking directly in his eyes.

" Sit down son." He said, and his face told me he knew where the conversation was heading at.

" I am here today to ask just few questions. Will you truthfully answer them?" I asked him. I want true answers today. Now that I am already here, there is no backing out. 

" Sure," He said.

I breathed out once. " Why couldn't you protect mother? Why did you marry another woman? Why did you not give me love and care these past years? Why did you that father? Why?" I asked him blankly. I knew I had asked a lot but I just started and the questions came out on their own.

" Jungkook, I tried to protect your mother. But I couldn't do my best. It still haunts me that if I was a little stronger, a little more powerful, I could have saved her. That is why I trained you hard. I didn't mean to not show you love and care. I was just so upset with myself that I did not want the same to happen to you all. I know it's my fault though that I didn't show you love and care. I am so sorry for that son." He said. " I tried to find who killed her. In fact, I am still trying to do that. I wanted to tell you all of these but you hated me so much that you did not want to see my face." He said.

I felt bad for not listening to him earlier, but was his reasons worth it? " Will these excuses bring back my childhood? Is your sorry enough for how much I went through? I was a child, in trauma and sadness of my mother's death. All I had was you, and what did you do? You just made us train and married someone when you should've give us more love. Will your sorry make everything alright?" I asked him, words coming out in whispers. 

 He shook his head. " I know my one apology won't make everything alright. I am late to understand this, but Jungkook, I had to marry without my wishes at that time. A king cannot rule his kingdom without a queen. The ministers were on my back, telling me to marry or leave the throne. I was bound to marry her. But kook, she is a kind woman," Father said.

" I told her that I can't have children with her." He said sadly, " You know, how much it hurts a woman to not have her own children. But she accepted it. She said that she will accept you three as her own sons. I request you to not take out your anger on her. I made you hate family, I am responsible for everything," He said which made me chuckle.

" Yes you are. You are one of the reasons I don't believe in family. But I will apologize to her. I know I was too rude to someone who wasn't even at fault." I said, " Can you call her here?"

" Wait here," He said with a nod and quickly told a servant to get her here.

After a few minutes, he entered with Minyoung. I breathed out and stood before her. " I apologize for my behavior. I said so many things to you, hated you even though you were never at fault. Instead you have loved us and cared for us as if we were your true sons," I said, feeling good to apologize to her.

Her shocked yet happy face made me satisfied. " Y-You..." She stuttered out overwhelmed.

" I-I know I maybe crossing my lines b-but... Can you call me mother? Just once?" She asked, making me raise my eyebrows at her wish. 

" I-I am sorry for asking you-"

" Forgive me mother," I interrupted her, feeling something weird when I called her that. It felt weirdly... nice? As if I had a family after years.

She cried making me confused. Me calling her mother made her cry? 

" I forgive you, son. I can understand where you were coming from." She said which made me feel bad about my behavior once again.

I nodded and walked out of the room, feeling light hearted at the conversation I had with them. I felt good, light weighted about telling him how I really felt.

Did I accept her as my mother? Probably. Will I call her by that? I might try but it is going to be difficult. But will I forgive father easily? No. I won't forgive him so easily. Yes, all his excuses are valid from his point of views, but it won't be easy for me to forget my past.

I walked inside my room and saw my reflection inside my mirror. I was smiling like a crazy person?

I shook my head. I was acting childish. Suddenly my mind diverted to Taehyung. Should I go thank him for his advice? No, it would look like I am too desperate to meet him. I will go talk to him tomorrow.

Breathing in and out the fresh cool air, I looked outside the window at the night sky.

" I love this calm feeling."

*****

Finally he solved the misunderstanding. Uf Jungkook, you are always gonna need Taehyung 😁

Meme Time