Chapter 23: VISIT TO DAEGU

It was already past a week and Jungkook had decided to go back to his kingdom, not being able to handle this anymore. He was missing Taehyung too much, and he had never felt so demotivated and down before.

Not knowing what to do, he rather made a decision to run away from the place he had a lot of memories with Taehyung. The gardens, the kitchen, the library; everything reminded him of the time he spent with Taehyung. And it also reminded him of how unworthy he was for the said Prince, misunderstanding a situation and lashing it out on him.

Everyone had already noticed his behavior. He was present in the room, but still not present. He would often go into deep thoughts between meetings, a bad sign from a King but they could understand how much he was regretting about the situation.

King Seojoon had received a letter from King Namjoon inviting everyone to Daegu for Prince Yoongi and Prince Jimin's wedding.

During the breakfast, everybody talked about Jimin's wedding and their visit to Daegu but Jungkook seemed to be in his own thoughts.

He couldn't dare to ask if he was invited and he wasn't strong enough to know if he was told to stay away from Prince Taehyung.

He was hesitating... hesitating to tell everyone about his feelings. Should a king be like this? Accept that he has fallen in love and tell his weakness?

And yet, Jimin's dreamy words about wedding and his lover didn't help Jungkook much. He could imagine that only if he hadn't messed up, he would be getting ready for his and Taehyung's marriage too.

Only if.

" When would you like to leave?" King Seojoon's words snapped him back from his thought as he listened to their conversation while eating his breakfast.

" I would love to leave the sooner we can," Jimin replied, a shy smile adorning his face as everyone teased him about Yoongi.

" Hoseok? Are you able to join?" He asked further making Hoseok chuckle.

" Would I even be a good brother if I don't attend my dear brother's wedding? I want to see Jimin happy on his wedding day. I can ask someone to look after my kingdom and join you," His reply made the King nod in approval.

He then turned to look at Jungkook, and the other's gazes fell on his too.

" What about you Jungkook? Would you be able to accompany us or this event will hinder your state matters?"

His question was followed by a long silence which was then followed by a bitter smile.

" Am I invited?" He asked softly in bitter tone. He didn't expect his father to answer anything positive.

" Of course you are, son. We are a family. Family gets invited to wedding together. And you know we will not leave you behind," His father's words made his heart burn with love and happiness.

It made him want to open up with them but at the same time, keep his mouth shut about his feelings. But he just couldn't kept it to himself anymore.

" Father I..." He started and for the first time looked at him today, just to find everyone's eyes on him. For the first time he felt small, again wanting to consider about keeping this to himself.

" I love Taehyung... b-but I know that no one would approve of it anymore and you'd appreciate me to stay away from him but-" Jungkook's ramble were interrupted by Jimin's chuckle.

" Calm down dear brother. Yes I was angry at your act towards Taehyung but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to love him anymore,"

" Jimin is right. Consider this trip as your chance to apologize and make up with him. Fights don't always cause destruction, they can also make relationships stronger," Hoseok said.