Chapter 22: WHERE IS HE?

Jungkook's POV

I was in my room, feeling no emotions right now. I finally understood how pathetic feelings could be. I chuckled at my state, looking so broken, as if the great King Jeon Jungkook couldn't take a heartbreak.

" Jeon Jungkook!" My thoughts were interrupted by Jimin hyung's shout as he opened the door harshly.

He held my collar making me raise my eyebrow at him. Yes I may act like a good brother now but this still was a disrespectful act towards me. But I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to start any fights and not having any energy to speak. I was too drowned in my sadness to argue with him.

Shortly after, Jackson and Yeonjun entered my room too. I got the context of what all this was about. Sighing, I removed his hands from my collar.

" How dare you speak so lowly to Taehyung!?" He asked which made me sneer at his words.

" Oh! Did he complain to you about me? No wonder he cannot stand up for himself," My words would be bitter as it hurt to talk like that about Taehyung, but the pain in my heart was deeper than that.

My words were followed by a stinging sensation on my cheek. Jimin hyung had slapped me.

I looked at him in disbelief. " I believe you have no right to slap me, hyung. Don't make me do something I would regret at the amount of disrespect you are showing me by your actions. Do not dare to forget I am a King," I warned him with authority but it did not faze him and his anger. Instead, he just scoffed at my words.

" You call yourself a King? So called King who doesn't know how to contain his anger and speak up and clear the misunderstandings? Such a great King to conclude everything yourself without letting the others speak!"

" What are you raising your voice for? Don't make me the bad person here, hyung. And don't make me start about how you were involved in the Prince's plan too," I reminded him but all he did was roll his eyes at me.

" Prince? So you are back to formalities for such a small thing, aren't you?" He asked.

" I believe he and I are no longer closer to each other to be called by any other alternatives. Now if you have finished your drama, please leave my room that you have entered without my permission. Let me rest for a while. I have a lot of things to be taken care of too," I said as I pointed them towards the door and walked back to my bed.

Jimin hyung sighed and looked at Yeonjun who finally decided to speak.

" Your highness, I would like to-" He started but I raised my hands waving it dismissively.

" I told you all to leave me alone. Don't make me raise my sword at you, Yeonjun," I looked directly in his eyes making him look down in submission, not wanting to do any act of disrespect to me.

But his next actions surprised me. He fell on one of his knees, his head still down. " I might get punished for speaking even after your repudiation and I hope you forgive me for that. But I have to clear all the misunderstandings,"

Inhaling deeply once, he started speaking, " I believe that you have some misunderstandings with Prince Taehyung,"

" You should know that the person who is getting on my nerves the most is you right now. I don't want to see the person Taehyung likes and wants to be with. Yes, you may consider it jealousy or anger or whatever you want. It does not hurt me more than how hurt I am right now," I interrupted again and this time, my words made his eyes widen a little. He soon relaxed his face as he started talking again.

" I understand where you are coming from. But the fact that you have misunderstood the situation doesn't change. Prince Taehyung was talking about working out the relationship between me and Prince Soobin. I told him that there was a difference between a Prince and a general and by 'us' I meant me and Prince Soobin," He said. " He told me he will talk to his father about it. He does not love me King Jungkook."

It took me some time to get all of his words. " Are you lying just for the Prince? Because if you are–"

" Oh come on Jungkook, stop this! I am standing here from long and all I see is a dumb human being, not a King who knows how to make smart decisions. You misread the situation," Jackson spoke for the first time.

I couldn't speak at the confession I had received from Yeonjun. I misunderstood everything?

" And Jungkook, about him helping you and making you smile. He did not plan all of that for sympathy. If you want to blame someone it should be us, who put forth a condition for him to talk to you," Jimin hyung said. " Yes, initially, all he was doing was completing his task of making you talk to him. But him trying to make you happy was not his plans. When he started talking to you, he noticed you were very different than how you showed others, and that made him attracted to you. Trust me Jungkook, Prince Taehyung would never do something that would make you feel sad or humiliated or sympathized. He just did it under the influence if his own feelings,"

 " He loves me?" I asked him, the only thing that seemed to matter to me right now. Taehyung loved me, I misunderstood everything and even said things I should have never let out of my mouth.

" Of course he does. He always talks about you. ' My kookie did this' ' I want to make my kookie happy'.....It was always about you!" Jackson said, chuckling bitterly.

" I..." My throat became dry at all the things I was getting to know. " I'll apologize right now. Where is he? Is he in his room?" I asked quickly, wanting to see him at once. Engulf him a hug and mumble sorry a hundred times before he forgives me for everything and come back to me.

But they all shook their heads in disappointment. " It's too late now Jungkook, he left. He said he will never show his face to you. I don't know everything about what happened, he did not give us a lot of hint in it but we figured out what was wrong somehow,"

I knew they all were lying. I know Taehyung wouldn't take such a hasty decision and leave me just like that. No... I just can't let him leave.

I got up from my bed as I swift-walked towards his room. I knocked once, twice , thrice, but no answers from other side. This made my heart pound with anxiety, a phenomenon which probably never occurred in his life before.

I entered his room with any warning just to find it empty. This made my panic rise as I called one of the maids nearby.

" Where is Prince Taehyung?" I asked her.

" Prince Taehyung already left. He went back to his country, your highness,"

Words couldn't form in my mouth. Taehyung wasn't there with anymore.

I couldn't believe I lost someone over stupid misunderstandings.

*****

Meme Time