Chapter 1: Mysterious Fellow

Myle's POV

Please... look away!

My hands were clasped together as I leaned on the wall. I may look like a religious soul just for this moment but I really... just wanted peace!

So how in the world did I come to this?!

Just sit and read as I recall the happenings a few moments ago...

My mom was sitting on a couch, swiping her phone. She's probably reading some random rumors. I, on the other hand, was about to climb to my room, waiting for her to at least look at me.

Clasping my hands on the stairs railings, I leaned forward then shouted, "Good night!"

Finally, she glanced at me.
"Don't forget to lock the window!"

No 'good night' for tonight. Well, I should've expected that.

Of course, I won't forget locking the window... but I also won't sleep early.

Arriving at my room, the sliding window was already opened. With a hand on my right cheek, I gazed at the sky, clouds, and moon.

Nothing special.

Sightseeing just became a habit. However, I could still not love the nighttime. What's so great about this scenery anyway?

It just reminded me of the past where I kept on working my fingers to the bone. I was too greedy, hoping for acknowledgments but...

After a second of silence, a bark of a stray dog made me frown. Unfortunately, it was followed by an adorable cat's meow~ and a motorcycle's loud 'Reeeeeng!'

H-Haha... Here I am dramatically saying that nothing's unusual, then these things popped out of nowhere.

"Pfft--"

What a chuckle to catch my attention! My room was even located on the second floor, so how in the world..?

Scanning my surroundings, I found a man in front of our house. He was around my age-- 17 or 18 years old. His skin was pale, not befitting for a dark place. Good thing, he didn't have long hair or else...

Uh...

"He's not... staring at me, right?" I asked myself. I hope no one would answer this, it's creepier.

I instantly leaned on the wall, clasping my hands together. I might be overreacting but my instinct was usually great.

Well... he might be my type but it feels weird...

Glancing at my phone, the wonderful digits that could cause death flashed to the screen.

«12:00 AM»

If they found out that I'm awake at midnight, Mom might scold me till I die!

I slammed the window, forgetting the mysterious fellow, and hurried straight to bed.

The following three consecutive nights, there was no night we wouldn't make eye contact. Since that was the case, I figured that I'm also staring at him.

Please stay inside during the night. You might catch a cold.

That's what I wanted to say as an excuse because it's uncomfortable to be stared at.

"Good night, whoever you are," I whispered although he won't hear me.

As I was about to close the window, I caught his beautiful smile.