Chapter 26: Myle Arjera

The sky was brighter than usual even though it's nighttime. Probably because of what her classmates were talking about: shooting stars. Still, her heart won't move just because of that. It might be brighter but it's not that pretty. Same as usual.

Glancing at her right, it felt like the whole world froze. It's the first time that someone other than her family was looking at her straightly...

"Who... the heck are you?" she asked then forgot to narrow her eyes. She's not captivated, she swore to herself.

She's just sitting on a bench outside the cafe all alone. Not until this creature went near her.

"Woah, you have a nasty personality as they said."

"Oh, shut up..."

He's the last person she wanted to hear those words from. Why was he bothering her anyway? This girl figured out just one thing:

He's just talking to me out of pity...

"J-Just leave me alone..."

Her voice shivered. In reality, she didn't want him to leave and she didn't want to be alone anymore.

As she looked at her feet, the boy in front of her spoke up.
"Come to think of it... You haven't told me your name."

"Er... And why the heck should I?"

"Well, because you heard mine before. I believe you're not an unfair person, right?"

"Manipulative bastard," she whispered.

But he didn't back down. Instead, he copied the way she talked, wearing an irritating smirk.
"Cruel lady."

"Er... Kyou Zeyern, was it?" Before continuing, she sighed. "I'm Myle Arjera. It's very not nice to meet you so I hope we don't become friends."

Myle used the usual introduction in front of the class but in a negative way. She can't be that nice to Kyou Zeyern. Since she had no reason to.

"... Cruel lady."

Her eye twitched.
"Is that all you have to say?"

"I guess you also carry heavy problems . . . Mind to share it with me?"

She hesitated. However, she also needed to let it out.

Finally, Myle told him but not everything. Nevertheless, it was a great way to take off the loads on her shoulders. Kyou Zeyern didn't move nor react. Was it the right thing to tell her story to this stranger? She at least needed an opinion! Honestly, she thought that he would cry but she realized that they're not the same. That's too bad.

Starting from that night, things... began to change.

"Myle, Myle! Can I leave early for today? My grandmother's sick so I need to take care of her..."

She looked at her, full of doubts.
"Do you have--"

"Please!"

She was interrupted that somehow irritated her. She was about to ask if she had proof. Still, those teary eyes were not lying. Shall she allow her to leave?

Tomorrow will be their group presentation. Her role was not that important anyway so it might be alright if she messed up. Her classmates' eyes were focused on them that made it harder to decide.

Finally, Myle had spoken,
"Fine. Here's the extra script. Study your lines if you have time."

"Ah! Thank you, Myle!" She grabbed the script abruptly then walked away... "I love you!" ... while forming a heart.