Chapter 2: Mind-reading

Myle's POV

"Have you ever heard of mind-reading?" He whispered, wearing a serious face.

Still, I just smiled and replied.
"Nope. Is that your ability? Great! Let's go home now."

"..."

And so, I went home, clenching my fist from regrets. Because, he should've had given me the proof if only I didn't act like that!

Argh. I made him give up in proving his secret.

Right now, I couldn't do anything other than sigh. At least, I have nothing to worry about sightseeing anymore. I'm at ease knowing that Kyou is not a random stranger.

But, as usual, I could see him through my room's window. And, our gazes were fixed on each other again. At this moment, I noticed something.

Why did he remove his eyeglasses when he just said that he must not?

He smiled and waved his hand. "Miss Arjera!"

"A-ah! Shh!!!" I hissed. My heart almost stopped, nervous that my parents might wake up.

My precious forehead was hit by a crumbled paper thrown by that fellow below. Opening it, eleven digits were written.

What in the world... Is this Kyou's phone number? Let's try texting him. If it's not his number, then I'd just reply "Sorry, wrong number." I'd even block it in a worst-case scenario.

You:
Oi. You're too noisy.

He looked at his phone, probably receiving my message. Alright, I should change his contact name.

Lunatic Fantasy Fan:
Miss Arjera, what a great first message!

H-haha... And what a great first reply.

Lunatic Fantasy Fan:
Btw, I'm so sorry about your forehead.

This fellow giggled which made me want to kick him.

Lunatic Fantasy Fan:
Miss Arjera mustn't kick me. You hate violence after all.

Yes, say no to violence... WAIT. I didn't type nor say that...
It was a mystery until I remembered his words.

"AH! YOU--!" I shouted then clasped a hand on my mouth.

"Myle! Did you just sneeze? Go to sleep!"

I gasped and replied,
"Sorry, mom!"

It was still 9 pm, so I could still sightsee. However, at that moment, my eyes were locked on Kyou instead of the night sky.

Oh, I almost forgot...

You:
Hey. Stop reading my mind.

Lunatic Fantasy Fan:
You're only looking at me?

Shutting the window, I didn't reply for a minute.

Lunatic Fantasy Fan:
I'm just kidding. I'm sorry, Miss Arjera.

I opened the window again to see if he's still outside... and yes, he was.

You:
It's alright. I also apologize.

"Yes, for abruptly closing the window and rude replies. Anyway, I should sleep. Good night." I whispered.

Lunatic Fantasy Fan:
Good night!!

And with that, our conversation ended.

On weekends, I just helped with the chores and read novels. Kyou would message me during the night as I sightsee.