Chapter 42: It's Too Late

Myle's POV

I... I made it in time!

The person beside me was handcuffed. She gritted her teeth and kept on shouting, "father, father!"

For the first time in 20 years, Kana Rinsel was finally able to call him like that... and not 'master'.

Earlier, she brought out a matchstick so Ms. Janis had to decide whether to leave Carl Rinsel for a minute and stop Kana Rinsel or just leave her to Kyou.

In the middle of her thinking, Kyou had already approached Kana Rinsel, kicking the matchstick out of her hand. His police aunt taught him well.

When I arrived here with the police, Kana Rinsel stiffened before she could slap Kyou. So, their crimes... have finally come to their end.

The police and Ms. Janis made Kana and Carl Rinsel enter the police car.

"Miss Arjera!" Kyou ran to wrap me around his arms. "Are you alright..?"

"W-well, I am... I should be the one asking you that though..?"

"O-oh! I'm fine! You did find us just like Aunt Janis told you to. It's a big help. Thanks!"

"No problem..."

Ms. Janis trusted me with this one. She emphasized that I shouldn't follow them if they changed locations since it's too risky. Instead, she believed in my deduction skills.

At first, I went to the first house on fire. And then, to the second. To the third and so on... Neither of those places was the right one.

As I was already blinded by smoke, I had a thought of having the police help me... until an idea came to my mind.

There's a high possibility that they're outside the Alguna but still can view the city. Mountains, hills, tall buildings, or whatsoever. To be certain, I called the police nearby and asked them to help in checking the places with these possibilities.

First, the mountains. There was one nearest to Alguna so I rode the police car to reach that place. But... when a part of that mountain exploded, my heart almost stopped. My hands were also shaking...

And finally, I'm still glad that I made it in time. If we were inside the Alguna at that moment, I fear that we might arrive too late...

"Hiyaaah~ that was nerve-racking! Thank you so much, Young Myle! If it wasn't for your deduction skills, we might have had a hard time."

"B-but if I failed even a little bit..."

"I know that you won't." Ms. Janis grinned. "Oh, well, if you did, people always have Plan B."

"A-ah... That's reassuring then..." Because if she didn't have, I might die from a heart attack.

The policemen were finally set to leave. They have removed the bombs located in different areas by searching and interrogating Carl and Kana Rinsel.

On the other hand, Kyou's mother was brought to the hospital. When Kyou and I visited her, she was still asleep so we decided to go to the police station next.

Ms. Janis leaned forward to Carl Rinsel.
"So, the thing that Kyou has been waiting for you to spill, will you say it now?"

"I have no reason to." He shrugged.

"Did you become a doctor just to use the Zeyerns? Don't you want to save the eyes of the patient in front of you?!"

"My only goal was to save my ill son. When he passed away, there was nothing left for me to do... until my wife's mental health started to crumble. I became an opthalmologist to find someone like Zack Zeyern."