Chapter 3: Eyesight

Myle's POV

"Miss Arjera, I think... even if I become blind, I'll still remember your beauty."

These words flashed back to me when I saw the blood on his face. He said this, out of nowhere, on our way home before.

Now, it made me realized that Kyou was not just teasing me.

"You're eyes are bleeding!" I shouted, wiping the blood on his face.

He gently touched his left eye then whispered calmly, "Ah... I overused it again."

"Over-?" I covered my mouth before blurting out his secret to Ali.

I looked back, checking if she suspected anything about him. "I-I guess I appeared at the wrong time..? Then... see you again, Myle."

"A-ah. Yeah, see you again..." She walked away, waving her hands.

"Ha... What a rude-"

When I felt that Kyou said something, he grabbed my shirt with his eyes closed. "Miss Arjera."

I went near him to hear what he was saying. "Please hold my eyeglasses and blindfold me."

I had no idea why but I decided to follow his words. Perhaps I also thought that it was for the better?

"Can I stay at your home?" He suddenly asked while I was still looking for my extra black handkerchief.

"Eh? But you just live in front of our house..?" I stopped for a second, then continued to feel my pocket.

He looked away even with his eyes closed. "I don't want them to know my condition."

"But is it alright for me to know?"

"Yeah, I will tell you everything."

After a few minutes, I finally found it!

I moved to his back, pulled Kyou's head, and covered his eyes. He knelt so I could easily tie the handkerchief.

"Miss Arjera, I'll get straight to the point. I might lose my eyesight if I overused my powers. That's why I wear eyeglasses that can block it."

"I see... Since you read minds by looking directly at a person, your powers can't pass through glasses." I answered softly and looked around.

"As expected, Miss Arjera! Even if I go blind, I can feel that you're still pretty and smart. Ahaha- A-aw..."

I tightened the blindfold. "Hey. This isn't a laughing matter."

"Yes, I am sorry."

As he covered his mouth, I retied the blindfold. "Well, I'm sorry, too..."

To think that he had such a condition... It must be hard for him. I sighed recalling the times he removed his glasses this day and yesterday.

When I finally finished covering his eyes, I suggested, "Hey. I'll take you to the hospital."

"D-don't!"

"Why?" I tilted my head.

"It's just my usual episode. The doctor won't find anything special."

I took a deep breath. "Ha... I can't argue with you since you keep your powers as a secret."

"Riiight?" His smile made me wonder why he looked so delighted in this situation...

"Alright! So how should I take you home? Do I need to push you, pull you, or carry you?"

"Just take me home normally."

I figured that I shouldn't have asked. Putting a forceful weight on my voice, I asked, "How is it normal when I'll take you home blindfolded?"

He scratched his head. "Ah... hehe."

"Okay, never mind. Just walk and I'll tell you the directions." I held his hand and started to walk.

"We're turning left."

"Alright..."

Without hesitating, he listened to me. The atmosphere was kind of serious so I tried to instruct something.

"Sit." My eyes widened since he followed my order. "Rollover."

"Miss Arjera!" He shouted with his blushing face. The demon inside me had awakened that I could giggle this much.

"Sorry, sorry!" I wiped my teary eye and said, "Please stand up, we're near the exit..."

"I also apologize for shouting..."

Er... His apology was so proper that my conscience had kicked in.

"A-anyway! Kyou, are you the only one with that powers?"

"Nope. Most of the men in the Zeyern Family have this, including my father..."

Since he told me the consequences of having his power, I couldn't ask anything more about his family.

Successfully, we got home just like that. Although his head almost hit the roof of the tricycle, I might be a monster that I tried to laugh at him back then.

"Kyou, I'll tell Mr. Yo that you're staying here."

"It's fine. I've already messaged him that I'm staying at a friend's house."

"I see. By the way, my parents will come back tomorrow evening."

"Don't worry, I won't touch you yet."

Dear Mom and Dad, I think I allowed a weird fellow to stay at our house.

Yet...

Emphasizing that word, I figured it was payback for what I did earlier.

"I bet, you turned beet red, Miss Arjera."

I sighed, looking at him and his annoying smile. It was irritating though that he was right.

"Come on, I'll let you sleep in my brother's room."

Pulling his arm, he resisted. "Miss Arjera, I can sleep on the sofa."

"No. You're injured and our sofa is not that comfortable."

"I've recovered now." When he removed his blindfold. I realized how hardheaded he was.

I was being worried about someone for the first time, so I should've expected his stubbornness.

I wondered what was wrong since Kyou suddenly turned red. I forgot that he could read my mind again.

I released his arm, looking away. "Er... Here, your eyeglasses."

"Oh, thanks. By the way, Miss Arjera... I'm amazed at your calmness."

He put the blindfold in his pocket and wore his eyeglasses.

"Calmness..?" Glancing at the window, I saw a young woman that reminded me of someone.

"Miss Arjera?" He also glanced by the window but immediately looked away.

Looking at him, I felt that I should ask, "Shall I send her away?"

"Miss Arjera, why do you sound like you're gonna kill someone? Ahahah..."

"Ha... Laughing at this situation."

While she was nearing us, I realized that it was the first time that I tried so hard to decide for someone else.

Shall I tell her about Kyou's stay...
Or lie for his sake?