Chapter 6: Kyou Zeyern Part 1

Kyou's POV

'Find your other half... then save me... Kyou!!'

The cry of a mother... As it screeched and reached every corner of the town, trees started to wither along with the house turning into ash. Truly heartbreaking... The brightness of the moon and stars stood out as I looked up and tried to hold back my tears.

It's just in a book having a protagonist with the same name as mine. The title was 'Extinguished with Cry'. I've re-read this so many times and it could only be bought in my hometown. If you thought that it's my flashback, then... Ahahahah!... Oops. Sorry, but you're mistaken.

However...

"It's very relatable..." I said, looking down and probably... showing a painful smile.

When the moon was already in sight, I would go out and remove my eyeglasses because there were fewer people at night. My mind-reading ability allows me to peek at other's thoughts just by looking at them. For that reason, my mother gave me eyeglasses to suppress that power.

I live with my uncle and aunt along with my younger brother and older sister. Only my sister knew my condition so I still need to wear this even at home. Sightseeing outside was my only rest.

Everything's so peacefu- 'Reeeeeng!!'

Well, that loud noise from the motorcycle was an exception.

The smoke from the motor had me coughing. My teary eyes scanned the surroundings when a thought suddenly came to my mind.

'H-haha... Here I am dramatically saying that nothing's unusual, then these things popped out of nowhere.'

I rubbed my eyes then saw someone looking out the window in front of my uncle's house. Realizing what she just thought made me chuckle that she probably heard. Our eyes met and I couldn't stop reading her thoughts... even though I shouldn't.

The following night, I continued to use my ability.

'Please stay inside during the night. You might catch a cold.'

As this thought came to me, my eyes were locked on her lips that brought a faint blush to my cheeks.

'That's what I want to tell him as an excuse because it's uncomfortable to be stared at.'

So I actually misunderstood...

'Good night, whoever you are . . . Is this what they call handsome yet horrifying? He probably can he hear me. No, wait! Of course, he can't! We're too far away!'

I sighed wondering why couldn't I hold back my smile. It felt like I wouldn't be able to face her, because of her first impression of me.

Well, anyone would mistake me for a creep if I kept on doing this.

"Ahh! There you are, Kyou!"

"You're still awake?"

"Yeah, I just finished my piles of work then..." She yawned, stretching her arms forward that made me step back. "...went to your room."

Her teary eyes squinted while smiling as if it was intentional.

I sighed. "What kind of business do you have in my room, big sis?"

"My works were stocked there now, so tidy it up if you have time!" She turned back, waving her hand.

"Wait!" I blurted, forgetting to ask her something. "N-name..."

Big sis turned around with her head tilted.

"Her name..." I looked up facing the direction of her window.

She slightly bent over, placing her hand under her chin, focusing on my face. "Is this puberty..?"

I just shook my head with a palm on my face.

'Since it's the first time he asked me of something, I guess I'll tell him.' This thought came to me as I focused on her smirked.

"Oh! Well, I forgot her first name... but I remember their surname- Arjera," she finally answered.

"I see... Thanks."

That short talk, which was our longest conversation for the past few months, ended. Then, we went back to our rooms with probably an expectation for the start of a change.

"This is a mess..." I whispered to myself.

Even after joining with another section, my classmates still played the game of tags. I frowned as I picked up my notebook since they had been bumping my table countless times.

After a 2-hour moment of peace, I wiped off the dust on my eyeglasses then looked at the door. My eyes were locked to the familiar face that just entered our room. When I recognized her, I unconsciously stood up and wore my glasses. I thought of offering my seat since she was looking around but I still didn't know what I should call her...

'Miss Arjera' first came to my mind so I decided to stick with it...

Well, I ended up bringing a chair from outside the room.

...

On my way home, I saw her walking the same path as mine- we're neighbors after all...

As I step about 50cm from her, the misunderstanding might change from being a creep to being a stalker.

"Should I just tell her my secret?" I asked myself then answered with just a shake of my head. "The reason is so unreasonable..."

Leaking it to someone I just met... Maybe she's right... I'm taking this too easy. This is the fate of being a Zeyern... but why me..?

'-Kyou..!' A sudden voice ringed to my ear. I couldn't remember her last words. The memories from my mom made me show a painful smile...

I gazed at the clouds and thought of what advice my mom would give me in this situation.

A certain answer came to me and it was,

"Tell the truth if you want that person to trust you.., Kyou."