Chapter 10: Fierce Kid

Myle's POV

"A-Ahahahah... I wonder why I'm being pinned on the wall right now? Moreover, isn't our height a little bit-?"

"Shut up!" For the second time, he slapped the wall with his right hand.

There were no students who could be seen from the staircase. My back was leaned on the wall, locked by the right arm of a certain person.

Our height was kinda awkward for the wall slam cliche since he even needed to climb one step to match my height.

"It's all your fault..," he said.

"Err... I apologize for whatever I did." I tried to bow. However, our foreheads might bump so I leaned my back on the wall again.

"Not sincere at all! As I thought.., you're the worst!" As he said the last line, my eyebrows frowned.

That conversation made my blood boil. Still, I couldn't just ignore him when he started to weep like a baby. Looking back, I believed that I did nothing wrong with that kid.

«An Hour Ago»

I was just in my seat, tapping the table. The combined loud chatters of my classmates became normal to my ears that it made me yawn. I raised my arms to stretch it when I saw a young boy peeking by the door.

"Lev, Lev, Lev!" I tapped his shoulder.

"Hm..?" He looked back since his seat was in front of mine.

I pointed at the door that made that boy hid his head. Lev tilted his head. Since he didn't understand, I stood up and approached him.

When I got outside the room, I noticed that he was not wearing our uniform. So, I thought that he was probably my classmate's relative.

"Looking for someone?" I asked.

"You." His sharp stare looked like it pierced my body. I was frozen. "Come with me."

At that moment, I felt that
'Oh... He hates me.'

As I followed his back, the hallway became wider for every step that we made... Or so I thought. The truth was people in the area became lesser and lesser. The atmosphere was kinda hard for me to breathe so I stayed silent.

Finally, he stopped by the staircase and so I did. He climbed a step then slapped the wall, blocking my way. That made me stepped back and leaned on the wall.

It was awkward so I tried to break the silence. "A-Ahahahah... I wonder why I'm being pinned on the wall right now? Moreover, isn't our height a little bit-?"

"Shut up!" For the second time, he slapped the wall with his right hand.

And that's how I got in the wall slam cliche situation...

"H-hey.., your arm must be tired-"

"No, it's not!" I pity the wall for being slapped the third time.

I planned to escape that time however, I couldn't... after seeing his tears. Before I knew it, my hand had already patted his head.

As I thought, he was already tired. His sweaty hair and strong breathing could prove it. How stubborn, just like that man...

My eyes widened, realizing something. "You.., what's your name?"

"How impudent!" He shoved my hand out of his head. "Isn't it proper to introduce yourself first?!"

"Oh, I apologize. I'm Myle Arjera. Nice to meet you!"

"Like I care!" He crossed his arms then pouted. Releasing me from his arms made me finally breathe.

I swore that it made my head ached. In instant, I was convinced that he belongs to that family.

"I'm Zou," he finally told me, while covering his eyes though. "I despise my brother and sister. They've been hiding something from me. Just a week ago, I saw them laughing together when I thought that they're not on good terms. Can you imagine?! I've been left out!"

"Er... That means you love them, right?"

He slowly put down his hands. That was why I noticed his face turning red. I wondered if it was out of anger or shyness.

"Shut up... It's all your fault anyway. How come my brother is so close to you instead of me..?"

Not anymore though. Anyway, I could see my past self from this kid. Yearning for a family's attention...

"I loathe you! I despise you! I detest you! I dislike you! I hate you!"

I sighed. "I already promised that I will not talk to him but it doesn't mean I'll do the same to you."

"Whatever are you saying..?"

"I-I just mean that we can have a nice chat sometimes. Although, you must fix the relationship with your siblings first. Having a secret or two is common even in families... Plus, I'm sure that they're not trying to left you out. There must be a certain reason why they get along now."

He was dazed for a while... Until I got pinned on the wall again. "What are you? My boss?"

"Why not? I'm older than you."

"Not that far of a gap. I'm 16, you're 17."

I didn't know what part should I react to. I kept on calling him kid, thinking that he was an elementary student. His height was also- Moreover, he knew exactly my age.

Wondering how far his age gap with him was.., a soft voice panting reached my ears. That's when I thought that 'he's finally here.'
"Ha... I finally found you, Miss Arjera..."

"Hey, Kyou! Learn how to take care of your little brother!"

"A-Ahahah... I apologize," he said then bowed. "Zou, the guard told me that you were here. You should've said that you'll come. Why did you even drag Miss Arjera?"

"I came willingly. I just had a nice chat with your little bro."

"While pinned on the wall?" He showed his dark smile that made Zou widened his eyes and released me. First time showing it to him, perhaps.

"W-Why should I explain when you won't even tell me anything?!" The atmosphere became rough. Kyou couldn't answer. I figured it was about his ability... and his past.

"Then, I'll go now. Zou, have a lovely conversation with your precious brother." I showed the irritating teasing smile that I got from Kyou.

"L-Lovely?!" He was so flustered that I still thought of him as a cute kid.

"Kyou, I think he's old enough to know the truth." I stepped down then looked at them again. "Err... It's only my opinion. Let's hang out sometime when everything's already alright." I waved my hand, stepping away.

Honesty to avoid misunderstandings instead of Honesty is the best policy.

But it's not like I'm doing it always anyway.

"Ah!" I turned around and saw Zou's hand reaching my shoulder.

"Yes..?"

He couldn't look at me straight. "You can be my boss..! Also, I... don't dislike people like you after all.., Myle."

That sudden development made me blinked twice. I wondered if it was his way of apologizing. Then, I just smiled at him, hoping that Zou's heart would open up for his family...