Chapter 19: Got Caught

Kyou's POV

Clasping the doorknob with my right hand, the footsteps of certain someone suddenly made me and Miss Arjera face each other. She tried to hide the envelope behind her back, forgetting that in Lev's point of view, she's standing sideways. His eyes narrowed, trying to recognize what's behind her. Breaking into a cold sweat, we smiled as if we had the same thought.

We're doomed.

Remaining on the fourth floor, Lev ordered us to sit quietly. As he also sat in front, he leaned forward staring at us, one by one.

Miss Arjera placed the letter on the center of the table. Probably itching to explain, she kept on gazing at the ceiling while fidgeting. Well, I couldn't blame her, since he's like a dad who's about to scold his adorable children.

Lev sighed, glancing at Miss Arjera. "Alright, you can speak now."

"T-That is for Kyou!"

"Ha?"

I clamped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing. She's so tense that she couldn't start from the top. Before I knew it, a shoe was already stomping my foot. "You idiot, help me here!" she whispered.

"Hi, this is Kyou Zeyern, how may I help you?"

"Grr..! Just let me borrow your glasses!"

I blinked twice from surprise, realizing that she wanted me to mind-read at this moment.

Back then, my actions were always based on her thoughts. But ever since I promised to not use my ability without permission, her every expression worried me. It also became hard to decide on how to act around her. So I treated her carefully, hoping that I won't hurt her.

"Uhm... Myle, why do you need his glasses?"

"To explain things properly, I need eyeglasses because it adds intelligence!" She glanced at me then winked. "Right?"

Placing the glasses on the table, I rubbed my eyes then rested my head on the table.

"I'm sorry . . . Does your eye hurt..?" she whispered.

I turned my head to my left and answered, "I'm fine... I just-"

'Maybe I should return this after all? It's cute though... Wait! This isn't the time for this!'

After hearing her thoughts, I smiled. "You look cute in that.., Miss Arjera."

'H-hah? A-anyway! Can you read my thoughts now..? I'll tell him about the Rinsels without blurting your ability. Is that alright?'

Lifting my head, I formed an okay sign. My eyes were closed since I couldn't let it bleed at this moment. So Lev tilted his head wondering what we're doing.

"First of all, I apologize for entering your room without permission."

"You look like a teacher, Miss Arjera."

"Silence, Mister Zeyern."

She looked cute before while wearing my eyeglasses, but now she acted like a terror teacher.
Ahahah... Still cute.

I could only see darkness, but I could imagine her actions.

Probably fixing the eyeglasses that kept sliding down her nose, she continued, "You're endangered, Mr. Vande."

"Sounds like I'm an animal."

"You belong to Class Mammalia, Phylum Chordata, Kingdom Animalia," she insisted.

Ahahah... How much can eyeglasses change a person?

She's intelligent from the start, so I realized it's her confidence that rose ever since she wore my glasses.

"That letter is blank. Meaning, they intended to deliver it to Mr. Vande, but it's for Mr. Zeyern- to provoke him."

"Myle, what do you mean by 'they?"

"The Rinsel Family. You became their new target."

"Rinsel . . . Is it related to Ma'am Carsel?"

"Yes. Their main target is Mr. Zeyern. To get my assistance, they're using you as bait. That's why I apologize for dragging you into this mess."

Taking the blame even though it's my fault, I would never get used to her apologies...

"I'll forgive you if you kiss me."

My eyes abruptly opened from Lev Vande's words. Glancing at Miss Arjera, she took off the eyeglasses and slapped both her ears. "I think I need to clean my ears daily."

"I believe you heard it pretty well."

After listening to him, her thoughts came to me one after another...

'What kind of joke is this..?'

'Totally out of character!'

'Ah! Perhaps Kyou influenced him!'

... Then she nodded agreeing to herself. Clearing her throat, she answered, "No, thanks. I'll be punished for sexual harassment."

"But you have my consent, unlike when you trespassed my room. Just a peck on the cheek will do," he said that made me raised my right eyebrow. Although his thoughts were all over the place since he's not used to this kind of tease.

Smiling through gritted teeth, I interrupted, "My lips might be enough to satisfy you, Lev Vande."

Miss Arjera intensely stared at me with her mouth opened. 'W-w-w-what in the world, Kyou?! Wait, wear this back!' She wore the eyeglasses on me, so the flow of their thoughts ended.

"Oh, I have to confirm something first." Removing my glasses again, I stared at a man with a black jacket and face mask. "Lev Vande, I'm afraid we need to put the jokes aside from now."

"Hah?"

"I found the sender of the letter. Also, Miss Arjera's right. They're provoking me."

The man in black realized that we noticed him now so he started to run away. I wore my eyeglasses back and we rushed after him. Since he used the elevator, we went down the stairs.

"What floor do you think we should welcome him, Miss Arjera?"

"1st floor . . , I guess," she replied while panting. "Customers will pile in the elevator, so he can't escape at the middle floors. Plus.., ha... I doubt he'll abandon his motorcycle."

"Wise thinking . . . but I'm afraid, elevators are faster than running creatures." They all froze when I told them that. "Lev Vande, tell the guards to block the exit. Thanks, Miss Arjera, your words gave me this idea."

"A-ah... Yeah, you're welcome..."

"No gratitude for me?"

"Oh, right. Thanks, Lev Vande."

While he was ringing his phone, two students walked towards us and said, "Blocking the exit is unnecessary."

We were dumbfounded when we saw the suspicious man's hands locked by these students. One boy and one girl. They had the same silver hair and golden eyes, so I knew right away...

They are twins.